Are These Prices Good ?

Hi,

I am a new member I have a RS200 Altezza its a green one

I am in Akl, a student at Akl uni, my final year (hopefully).

Only mods so far is different mags and I dont have those

lights at front of the car got these black things.... (dont know what they

are called)

TRD rear spoilers: REAR WING *2

the rest is stock

I am thinking about getting these HKS adjustable suspension set

its on this page http://www.gtmotorsports.co.nz/ its 2168 dollars

Is that good price ? and also in NZ do you have to get it certed

if u install adjustables ?

Also the short shift kit for 592 is that good price ? has anyone had

anyone experience with those ?

Thanks

Welcome to the club Samuel!

I'm not sure about the prices, you'll have to chase a few comparisons. I don't think you'll need separate certification as the installer should carry that and give you some papaerwork to show that its all OK.

Anyone got a guaranteed answer on this?

How's the clutch when the car is cold? I'm going to run up a post on the clutch problems over the weekend when I get time. I see the UK club is full of the front tyres wearing out on the inside treads very quickly. Anyone had this problem?

keith

Hi,

are called)

the rest is stock

Thanks

Hey Samuel...welcome to our club...let me know what ya want and I can try to get my brother to source it for you in Hong Kong, but you will have to share the shipping with me...which I will be happy with...lol...but it will save you $$$ at the end of the day...

Matt

Hi,

are called)

the rest is stock

Thanks

Why not try the ProLexPerformance Short Shift Kit, around the same price I Guess...it's a 5 speed right? its legal to have adjustables in NZ, but a cert??? who the hell care, its all legal until you get caught.....

Matt

that price does sound pretty good as long as they are both height adjustable and soft/hard adjustable. Also as far as I am aware you definately need a certificate when replacing the whole shock and spring system because it is no longer factory and therefore modified

What HKS coilovers are you looking at?

HKS has many coilovers, like LS, LS+ and HiperMax II.

These coilovers differ a lot in price.

Also, what kind of ride are you looking for?

Firm/hard or comfortable?

By the way, there are many other good coilovers available for the Altezza. So you should do some more research

Thanks for the replys

The clutch seems the same when its cold.. (ie same as I have driven it for a long time ) mine has around 28k's now by the way

And to Matt its a 6 speed

and where abouts can I get ProLexPerformance Short Shift Kit in NZ ?

I have also PM'd you, I would be very intrested to buy with you.

to hkgs300

it's a Hipermax II 30 lv adjustable Suspension Set

I am looking for comfort for sure :)

Samuel,

if you want comfort then you should not go for the Hipermax II. These are semi-racing. You can check the spring rates. They have relatively stiff springs. So should consider HKS LS or LS+. These are also much cheaper. The LS+ also has like 30 ways adjustment. The LS+ is also new (like introduced 3 - 6 months ago). It was a reaction to the fact that the Hipemax II was not doing well in Asia. For people who wanted comfort it offered a relatively poor comfort/price ratio but people who wanted a racy feeling, people went for other brands. By the way, HKS is not famous for its coilovers, but more for its accessoires, like turbo booster, oil temp, ...

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/suspen...sp_image_02.jpg

lsp_image_02.jpg

Concerning the LS and LS+ these are more comfortable and also less expensive. Or go for the Apexi World Sport. I have them on my GS300. I have 18s and the ride is excellent, very comfortable, but will good handling. They are relatively cheap, cheaper than the HKS LS. Or, go for the C-One. THe C-One is about the same price as the LS+, but C-One is considered as a much higher brand than HKS, they are like the big brother of TRD. You normally only see them in Japan, since C-One does not market its products actively outside Japan.

image_sus_ss.jpg

Brands like Cusco and Zeal/Endless, GAB, Tanabe are too racy and do not offer good comfort. Tein is also a very popular choice in the US, but the prices I have seen in Hong Kong for Tein are too expensive compared to the other brands. If you are looking for Tein, then you can consider Tein CS and Tein Flex. Tein HA are too hard/stiff. Some shops here sell some used Tein HA, but the HK roads are considered to be too bad for the HA and most people do not like them.

cs1.jpg

Alex

hey hkgs300 you are pretty understand alots about the lowering kit... cos i was looking to lower my car before and now i've got just the spring from king spring from Mag and turbo but now im not really satisfy with that spring it make the car softer and it's very hard to control and i drove down to Hamilton last time with all 5 of us in the car and at the speed of about 120k/h and just little bend around bombay hill down and it just hard to control the car really, so i just wondering what else can i do to it,

i found some site before about a year now some of those coil over wasn't up to $2000 for a set of 4 but now maybe cheaper cos the exchange rate for NZ is very good (but for new zealand thou) now very good for me.... :( anyway...

hope i can get some ideas from you guys thanks

jet