My New Intake System

Hey Guys:

Finally score myself a Air Intake System...Report from is300.net that this Intake Sounds Awesome and that it increase HorsePower by 9.7 at the wheel...not much but it's the little stuff that helps, will install it after the car gets tuned back at the shop...sending the check tomorrow so will proble get it early September...Will Write a report and let you guys know when I get it...can't wait. :lol: :) B)

Matt B)

Pic Of AEM intake

Edited by LsportlineIS300

looks good Matt

Seal it into a cool box made from alloy sheet (or carbon fibre to look REAL cool:ph34r:) so it doesn't pick up hot under-bonnet air.

There's some pic's somewhere of how to do it, I'll look them up tonight.

Thanks Keith.......

Matt

Sorry Dude, it only fits the IS300, I don't think there are any Intake systems out there for IS200 and Altezza's...But there are plenty for SC300 / GS300 Aristos and Soarer.......

It costed me.....$180US = $307.80 NZD

$10US = $17.10 NZD Shipping

so $324.90 total plus cashier check cost and mailing fee.......so around $380 total.....:)

Matt

So you not getting the PLP Silent Flow now?

Hopefully you wont get any CELs

Oh Those US guys said it dosent have any CEL's...I would'nt get the PLP...I will just get the JoeZ, It actually proof to give out more hp's than the PLP for less $$$...

Matt

:D Hi samuel7 . I also have an RS200Z Altezza. It's running an HKS RS induction system on it. Two possible site's for you to check out for induction systems are. www.tdi-plc.com and www.takakaira.com. Tdi have some good info go under Lexus to find Altezza. Hope these are of some help to you. :D

Has anybody located a kit for GXE10 Altezza (1g-fe) ???

Pipe with pod filter and panels etc...

Have just fabricated kit for mine, but quite costly. Bout $495 complete kit.

Checking if any alternatives.

No I have no idea where you can get a Full Intake system for the GXE10, The only alternative is a TRD Air FIlter or a Trust Which Gavin Now have on his Altezza.

Matt

:D Hi samuel7 . I also have an RS200Z Altezza. It's running an HKS RS induction system on it. Two possible site's for you to check out for induction systems are. www.tdi-plc.com and www.takakaira.com. Tdi have some good info go under Lexus to find Altezza. Hope these are of some help to you. :D

Thanks for that

really appreciated

When you mean induction kit do you mean pod air filter plus connection pipes?

I need to seal off my air filter aswell...........does anyone know if you can buy cold air boxes??

I'm hopefully getting my Cusco strut brace this week, HEaps of guys use them in the UK so hopefully will improve handling noticably

I'm planning on coming to Auckland so you guys will just have to wait and see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes I will be coming...........the weather better be good though "Gavin_S"

How much is Cusco Costing you? I heard JIC Is better.....Looks stronger to me...

Matt

looks good Matt

Seal it into a cool box made from alloy sheet (or carbon fibre to look REAL cool:ph34r:) so it doesn't pick up hot under-bonnet air.

Hey all:

I have changed my mind about this intake...:( I heard alot of people saying this intake actually lose hp and its far too loud for some...do not want to ruin the smooth 2JZ engine...so I will go with something else.....Like a JoeZ intake (Which Naroka Has) or a ProLexPerformance Silent Flow Intake...these enclosed element intake make you feel air sucking in but not actually ruin the sound at all, and because its enclosed element it dosent catch up witht he hot air like Keith metioned here...so I will go with something else and will let you guys know...but I will be happy to get me german plates first...:D

Matt

looks good Matt

Seal it into a cool box made from alloy sheet (or carbon fibre to look REAL cool:ph34r:)  so it doesn't pick up hot under-bonnet air.

Hey all:

I have changed my mind about this intake...:( I heard alot of people saying this intake actually lose hp and its far too loud for some...do not want to ruin the smooth 2JZ engine...so I will go with something else.....Like a JoeZ intake (Which Naroka Has) or a ProLexPerformance Silent Flow Intake...these enclosed element intake make you feel air sucking in but not actually ruin the sound at all, and because its enclosed element it dosent catch up witht he hot air like Keith metioned here...so I will go with something else and will let you guys know...but I will be happy to get me german plates first...:D

Matt

I was wondering why you chose the AEM. DIdnt seem that popular.

How about SRT?

looks good Matt

Seal it into a cool box made from alloy sheet (or carbon fibre to look REAL cool:ph34r:)  so it doesn't pick up hot under-bonnet air.

Hey all:

Matt

I was wondering why you chose the AEM. DIdnt seem that popular.

How about SRT?

Hey Lextcy...do you think I will seriously pay $1200 NZD for a intake??? most of the gain is just from the race ECU anyway...:), so yeah probly look for a old Area51 Intake I have been looking for one of those for ages.

Matt