Wow that's terrible mileage from a 1GFE. I'm averaging 9.5L per 100km from my 3SGE running on 98. Been using an app on my ph to keep track of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

sorry to bring up an old thread. but i do a lot of highway driving. 70km trip to work. has maybe 5km of non highway. after cleaning the front o2 sensor i have got the economy from around 10l per 100km to 8.6l per 100km. just that one highway trip. after a bit more driving around town. more trips to work and back. looking like i will average out to between 10 and 11l per 100km.

not i know. on paper we should be getting 10l per 100km as an average but i have read about a lot of people getting 6.6l per 100km for highway driving... (which some complained about)

so im curious. is there something wrong with my car? or is just dirty o2 sensors. and on that note. can i replace them with something other then a genuine one?

car is a 2001 lexus is200 auto with 25xxxxkm on the clock. recently serviced. with good tyre pressure. and down the highway its normally set to cruise at 110kmh. have done all filters, plugs, engine flush. fuel system clean (5 times in 15xxxkm) and other then this car runs perfect.

• 3 weeks later...

Since buying my IS200 2 months ago I have gone through 3 tanks of 98 and 1 tank of 95 and averaging 14L per 100Km! I would be happy with 10-11L per 100.

Will be booking it in to run through the checklist very soon.

ECU reset
Spark plugs
Air filter
Wheel alignment
Injector Cleaning
Oil change
Clean the airflow vacum meter (MAP)
Fuel Filter
Tyre pressure
Clean the Air box
Check O2 Sensor
Check PCV valve

Ok. Cleaned the front o2 sensor only. Just used contact cleaner. Was very durty white. Car seemed to run better. First tank after averaged 8.7l per 100km. Current tank looking to get the same. Maybe better. Still getting sideways every chance I get. Not trying to conserve fuel. Runs a lot better. Next thing will be cleaning all sensors off.