Gidday everyone,

I've noticed my fuel bill rise quite dramatically since buying my Altezza, can anyone confirm for me what their normal mileage is?

Mine currently sits at about 500km per tank, is this as horribly excessive as I think??

I do think there may be a wheel alignment problem, I'll see to this soon + let you know if things improve at all...

Cheers,

Jeremy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

For IS200 you should be able to get at least 600km for a full tank with light to medium foot. So just reset the meter and fill up the tank when it reach 600km, don't be afraid of running out of petrol.

• 6 months later...
For IS200 you should be able to get at least 600km for a full tank with light to medium foot. So just reset the meter and fill up the tank when it reach 600km, don't be afraid of running out of petrol.

yeh i've just gone through my first tank.

i believe i got between 550 and 570 km's with it

some of which was quite spirited driving, and i also went from canberra to batemans bay (over the clyde mountain) and back again.

perhaps with just calm town driving it could do 600km's /shrug

hi,

i can get about 650km on PULP (98RON). living near port meblourne with highway and city driving.

check your TSC, if it is dry i switch it off (if wet PLEASE LEAVE ON, else your wheels will spin). dont use power mode if u dont have to. heater seats should be off when in summer and only use A/C (or heater) if you need, the moonroof is good if u have one. check your airfilter and engine oil...

oh, i get rid of any unnecassry stuff as well in the boot (only the lexus stuff).

hope this helps.

cheers.

• 1 year later...

i had no idea TSC uses up fuel..

well i've found that my is200 consumes a lot of fuel compared to many other 2L, even my friends with turbos and engines bigger than 2L. its quite ridiculous and sometimes i regret buying my is200 but in the end its quite a sexy car ^_^

• 3 weeks later...
Gidday everyone,

I've noticed my fuel bill rise quite dramatically since buying my Altezza, can anyone confirm for me what their normal mileage is?

Mine currently sits at about 500km per tank, is this as horribly excessive as I think??

I do think there may be a wheel alignment problem, I'll see to this soon + let you know if things improve at all...

Cheers,

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy

We have a 6 speed manual 2000 model IS200 which gives 8.3l/100km on a highway trip and 10.2l/100km on town running. We always expect at least 600+kms before refilling. Have learnt that premium grade fuel 95octane plus gives cheapest running. Works out at about $2 per 1000kms cheaper than running normal unleaded. Not much but you get a better running motor and some extra power - which the IS200 could do with.

ciao

• 3 weeks later...

i'll quote myself from my Other post

I tried this last week!

Last week! I filled up a Full tank of BP ULTIMATE

1) Did 540Kms Before the Fuel light Came on. (Medium to Light Foot)

2) Did another 40Kms (light Foot) on top so total = 580km

3) Then Filled up. Had 10L left in the Tank.

In Conclusion...You should be able to Do 50Km Comfortably after the fuel light comes on. (You could possibly Push it more)

• 3 years later...

My IS200 is my daily car. Currently getting great fuel economy. 90% city driving, I'm getting 9.1L/100KM most weeks. Very consistent 9.1L to 9.3L/100KM. I can never seem to get it to 9.0L/100KM (doing the same route), unless I obviously do more highway KM. My car is 100% stock, regularly maintained. 6 speed manual. Running Shell V-Power 98, stock 16" rims, Mobil Semi-syn 10w-40 engine oil. No extra load in my car other than my satnav and a rain jacket :P

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

*BLEEP*, my car must be awful, i use mine as a daily, and mostlycountry town driving at 60km, i only get bout 350km to a tank, not sure if thats cause it boosted or if it just a bad tune ect,

i use penrite full synthetic oils and bp ultimate 98 fuel.

if i do a trip to brisbane return i get about 680km and i dont know if i worked it out wrong but when i bought it back from sydney after buying the car i got 820km that was keeping it off boost as it was playing up unless on full throttle.

omg what fuel is everyone using because i will only get 400k's - 450 at most on a full tank even when i take it easy on the accelerator. i use e10 because i was told to do so

correct me if im wrong, e10 is the cheapest fuel and is the blended with ethanol? i got told never to touch the stuff in any performance car/bike

• 3 weeks later...

i agree mate, i've heard from some mechanics that e10 is not a normal fuel formula. it can really reduce a bit of bad gas from the exhaust and it's a bit cheaper but the amount that u can save from using it is not enough to cover the repair fee.

and i think there's lots of things that affect to how long the car runs like tire pressure, alignment, air-con, engine oil and wheel size. some ppl added a turbo, that also increases the fuel usage.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got a 99 LE auto and the fuel economy varies depending on what octane I use. I am still experimenting but the best so far is shell 95 (non ethanol) which gets around 550 kms. Standard fuel gets about 480 - 530 and I currently have 98 octane (ethanol enhanced) in it and am looking at around 500 km. I find my car runs best on 95 but still slow on hills so I have to turn the aircon off. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

sorry for bringing up this old thread again but i was wondering if anyone knew of a way to improve the fuel consumption because my is200 is killing me at the moment

What grade oil are you guys running? If its a thick old 10w-40 then by switching to 5w-30 you can improve economy by a few %. Upgrading your platinum plugs to Iridium will also help.

That E10 98 isn't as good as normal 98 for milage.

omg what fuel is everyone using because i will only get 400k's - 450 at most on a full tank even when i take it easy on the accelerator. i use e10 because i was told to do so

you think yours is bad?

im paying $90 to fill up my tank and im getting 310km.... i have no idea what the fk is going on i think its time for a massive service..

suggestions on what to change?

you think yours is bad?

im paying $90 to fill up my tank and im getting 310km.... i have no idea what the fk is going on i think its time for a massive service..

suggestions on what to change?

What fuel are you using, i swapped to 98 and i get easily 550km each tank

im using 95..

i just replaced my PCV valve yesterday at lexus because i was getting abit of blue smoke on cold startup.

dont know what else to change..

im using 95..

i just replaced my PCV valve yesterday at lexus because i was getting abit of blue smoke on cold startup.

dont know what else to change..

i need to do the same, didnt think that pcv valve had anything to do with fuel consumption though, thought that would only effect oil consumption, could be fuel pressure regulator or a sensor is gone bad and is putting too much fuel into your injectors (which may also explain the smoke on startup), go to a mechanic and get them to check

• 2 weeks later...