Teck Grounding Kit

Has anyone with a RHD car fitted a Teck grounding kit? I have read they are very good for smoother shifting and better fuel economy and would like to try one out. However they are designed for LHD cars so the cable lengths will need to be modified. Also, it looks like ground point 1 is missing on our cars too :blink:

Here is the installation instructions I got sent:

http://www.accsoft.com.au/~quantum/is300/T...20-%20IS300.pdf

It shows ground point 1 here:

pt1.jpg

but this is what i find on my car:

grnd1.jpg

Well, there's a hole there to use, although I suppose they were trying to earth that relay box in their photo. Don't forget to sand off any paint at the points you are bolting the cables to, as the paint will stop the electricity flow.

It would be really nice if you could measure the resistance between any point you are attaching a cable to, and the battery -ve before you attach the cable. Then measure the resistance after and see if the cable reduces it.

In theory the kit should be not needed at all, as all parts of the car should earth easily through the steel body. It will be interesting to see if you get an improvement.

The Veilside power lines sell for msrp $230-380 USD!!

Teck kits go for $80 USD, and there are lots of users on is300.net who claim marked improvement

Veilside for me...I believe I can get them for cheaper in Hong Kong...:) BTW its 26,000 yen, so yeah around $400 NZD = $350 AUD

Matt

Has anyone with a RHD car fitted a Teck grounding kit? I have read they are very good for smoother shifting and better fuel economy and would like to try one out. However they are designed for LHD cars so the cable lengths will need to be modified. Also, it looks like ground point 1 is missing on our cars too :blink:

Here is the installation instructions I got sent:

http://www.accsoft.com.au/~quantum/is300/T...20-%20IS300.pdf

It shows ground point 1 here:

pt1.jpg

but this is what i find on my car:

grnd1.jpg

Unless you have a relatively high resistance between grounding points, you shouldn't need a grounding kit ;)

Actually Lex, you don't want that bolt hole there of course, you want to earth that relay unit,

where-ever it may be in your car! You need to know what object they were earthing at each place in the engine bay, then find the same object in your car. I assume they are regulators and relays and such each time.

keith

I found out that its actually the DRL (daytime running light) relay that is there, so that wouldnt apply to our cars.

I dont understand how it would increase mileage and smoothen shifting, but so many people report this in the thread over in is300.net :huh:

Stephen is right I think. It will only make an improvement if you have poor earthing at the moment. If a lot of people notice the diference then maybe it is a fault on the IS300, amd they could do with better earth returns. Borrow a multimeter and measure the resistance before and after at each attachment point. It would be most intersting to see if there is a measurable difference, and if that translates into a noticeable difference when driving.

Nice blue colour tho'

I'm waiting for the glowing fluoro wires and the transparent bonnet options... :lol::lol:

Stephen is right I think. It will only make an improvement if you have poor earthing at the moment. If a lot of people notice the diference then maybe it is a fault on the IS300, amd they could do with better earth returns. Borrow a multimeter and measure the resistance before and after at each attachment point. It would be most intersting to see if there is a measurable difference, and if that translates into a noticeable difference when driving.

Nice blue colour tho'

I'm waiting for the glowing fluoro wires and the transparent bonnet options... :lol::lol:

I've earthed my other car with 2GA wiring and gold connectors....made no noticable difference. Just looks nicer :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Matt, havent purchased one yet. Teck said that he would be willing to make the modifications needed for RHD but i havent gotten around to making measurements of anything. I have the install manual if you are interested.

hi dude, nah no more mods for this year...spend too much already, thanks to me always changing my mind loosing countless amount money on depreciation...change my mind too much, better stay with what I've got...:( :) anyway yeah will probly get it next year but if my dealer dosent sound happy I won't...Lsportline Exhaust next...

Matt :D