Low Suspension

What is better, coilovers or lowering springs/standard shocks?

In terms of performance, coilovers will be definitely better, since the shocks and springs were developed together. Also, coilovers will give you the option to adjust the height of your car.

Lowering springs will not allow this.

However, if you mean better in terms of cost/performance. just springs will cost less, but you need to be sure that your existing shocks are in good condition. Also, will the existing shocks you cannot go very low, should not go lower than 30 - 35mm, if you want lower you need to get special sport shocks.

To what I know, the Altezza can use the IS200 lowering springs and coilovers (and vice versa) since the car weights are similar.

If you want to know more, please pm me.

Alex

Its not too hard to upload a pictures into the gallery, providing you have the image on your computer. Go to the Gallery from the opening LOC page, or click here

NZ Club gallery

Then click [add photos] and follow the instructions...

I find it can be difficult getting the right format, but I just pop the image into photoshop and re-save it until I get it right. Can't be toooo big, although the program automatically re-sizes it.

Put up an avatar at the same time, via your control panel. That needs to be pretty small, and it must be square or it gets distorted when displayed.

Looks like a lot of guys are buying from HK this Christmas holidays... :)

Yes :),

stuff in Hong Kong is a lot cheaper than NZ or Aus.

But I do not think that the Apexi N1 coilovers can be get new for HKD8000. Also, the N1s will be very stiff, N1 is for racing and its ride will be harsh!

So unless you are going to track your car, or if you only have highways (and as flat as a racing circuit) I would stick with the HKS LS+, C-One coilovers, or Tein Flex or CS.

Alex