Tv / Nav System

Hi All,

Looking at entering the world of owning an Altezza :ph34r:

The TV / Nav system - is there any way that can be setup to work here? does the TV button play tv on the nav system?

And if not - what are people doing with these...?

cheers

prime

I don't think they work in NZ Prime. I haven't got one in mine, but Toyota need to load the whole electronic map system of a city in and link it to the world-wide GPS system for it to work.

Lexus have done it for Europe but I think NZ is too small for anyone to invest the money in doing it. Probably have to work with Wises maps or someone similar to get an electronic map of all the roads in NZ, and that alone would be worth megabucks

keith

OK - so what about the TV - can that work?

are people replacing them with DVD's (LCD) - or can you connect it to a DVD head unit - or is it not at all like an LCD...

it'd just be annoying if there was this cool thing in the middle of the dash that did nothing ;)

I messed around for ages trying to get a standard video signal to run through the Nav screen,to no joy-turns out that the in-dash video screen accepts seperate R/G/B input signals rather than a stock video output. It prob could be done with expert tech knowledge,but its just as easy(and prob cost effective)to replace with a 7inch wide screen monitor as I have done.

Take a looksee at My install

and see if it helps.

regards,

gav :gav: