Grille & Filter

Hiya guys (and gal) - another newbie here. I'm not one into getting mods done, and have very limited knowlege. For now, the only things I think want is to replace the standard grille with one of those nice looking honeycombe jobs, and put in a better air filter (HKS?).

Where can I get these (new or otherwise) and roughly how much would they cost?

Also, a really dumb question, but how do I identify the std air filter from a performance or aftermarket one? I installed a performance one (a sponge jobby) in my previous car (Subaru Legacy GT), replacing an obviously paper one. The one in my Altezza has something that has the standard concertina style folds but it looks more like a white fabric.

Am a novice so go easy... :P

Hiya guys (and gal) - another newbie here. I'm not one into getting mods done, and have very limited knowlege. For now, the only things I think want is to replace the standard grille with one of those nice looking honeycombe jobs, and put in a better air filter (HKS?).

Also, a really dumb question, but how do I identify the std air filter from a performance or aftermarket one? I installed a performance one (a sponge jobby) in my previous car (Subaru Legacy GT), replacing an obviously paper one. The one in my Altezza has something that has the standard concertina style folds but it looks more like a white fabric.

Who else but me?

Matt :D

Am a novice so go easy...  :P

Who else but me?

Haha ! Ok - can you give me an idea on availability and prices? Am just considering right now, depending on costs etc. The new motorcycle purchase I'm making this week has *most* of my current attentions... :lol:

Am a novice so go easy...   :P

Who else but me?

Haha ! Ok - can you give me an idea on availability and prices? Am just considering right now, depending on costs etc. The new motorcycle purchase I'm making this week has *most* of my current attentions... :lol:

HKS Super Filter - $120 (Foam)

Trust Airinx II - $135 (Foam)

Tom's Ram - $150 (Foam)

TRD - $165 (Paper)

Blitz - $120 (Paper)

Grille...

TRD CF- $305

Altezza Sports - $400

and put in a better air filter (HKS?).

Also, a really dumb question, but how do I identify the std air filter from a performance or aftermarket one? I installed a performance one (a sponge jobby) in my previous car (Subaru Legacy GT), replacing an obviously paper one. .

If you want to install an intake, I would recommend the Trust/Greddy intake for the Altezza :)

Not sure about the cost, other people will know better than me.

Tom's Ram - $150 (Foam)

TRD - $165 (Paper)

Blitz - $120 (Paper)

Grille...

TRD CF- $305

Altezza Sports - $400

Sweet. Well, I'm keen to look at getting both a filter and grille. Will probably go for another foam filter.

Can you point me to pictures to see the difference between the two grilles?

Will look at something soon, as the bike has gotta come first right now ! :D

Tom's Ram - $150 (Foam)

TRD - $165 (Paper)

Blitz - $120 (Paper)

Grille...

TRD CF- $305

Altezza Sports - $400

Sweet. Well, I'm keen to look at getting both a filter and grille. Will probably go for another foam filter.

Can you point me to pictures to see the difference between the two grilles?

Will look at something soon, as the bike has gotta come first right now ! :D

Heres ya go...

TRD is Carbon Fibre and the Altezza grille comes in factory colour...so I recommen you to get the Altezza grille if you want it in Factory colour!

Altezza Sports Grille (Snowwolf)\

TRD CF Grille (Hoon)

Hey, that TRD carbon fibre one looks sweet! Will be keen about getting one of those, plus a foam filter. Any significant difference between the different brands?

Yes there are differences...the HKS filters less but let more air thorugh, but the Trust lets less air get thorugh but more air, thats means more hp into your engine...also they come in different colour foam.lolz.....best I know so far are the Toms Air filter but ouch $150...

PS - you two guys if you want the grille be sure to let me know by this weekend otherwise it's chinese new year all shops will be closed :(

Edited by LsportlineIS300

BTW, the filter you have got is Factory...

PS - you two guys if you want the grille be sure to let me know by this weekend otherwise it's chinese new year all shops will be closed :(

ok - hook me up with the TRD carbon fibre grille bro. Am penny-pinching for the bike so I'll put the filter on hold just for now. And if you could let me know how to pay you :)

Yo Matt, got an error message when trying to PM ya. Sent an email to you instead. Anyways, the guts of it is, yep, lets still go for the TRD grille, instead of the TOMs one. Will xfer the additional $ when you confirm all go.

Cher cher, Franco :P

Yo Matt, got an error message when trying to PM ya. Sent an email to you instead. Anyways, the guts of it is, yep, lets still go for the TRD grille, instead of the TOMs one. Will xfer the additional $ when you confirm all go.

Cher cher, Franco :P

OK dude...I will go grab the last one on Monday.

Heya Matt - sure thing. My original was ugly and old. If I could get 100 bucks for its, well hell yeah. I'd use the blings toward getting an uprated air filter.

I would post a pic, but the gallery is giving me an error message. Let me know if you want a pic first.

cher cher

:( Should've told me earlier, then maybe i could've afford that nice grille..

btw, Nice Grille Franco

Henry

Hey thanks Henry. The car looks *so much better* for it. It's a subtle change, but very effective. I've put my "stamp" on the car now haha. If you get the opportunity to get one...I suggest you go for it.

Heya Matt

Recieved that HKS air filter today, cher cher! Installed and it's all sweet. Let me know if you have recieved the old grille.

Thanks bro

Thats Kool Francis, I was jsut checking the traking status and saw it delivered, yes I got your old grille cheers, but 1 thing, did it came in painted? well I m trying to get rid of the paint right now otherwise no one would want it...