Hey guys, Im in the market for some coilover suspension.

What do you guys have, and what do you rate??

Im so confused, was about to buy some TEIN HA, but read they are very stiff and uncomfortable!

Let me know guys!

Only on Lsportline Springs right now...will get some Bilstein Shocks later on, no plans on Coilovers...

Matt :D

if you want comfort then you should not go for the Hipermax II. These are semi-racing. You can check the spring rates. They have relatively stiff springs. So should consider HKS LS or LS+. These are also much cheaper. The LS+ also has like 30 ways adjustment. The LS+ is also new (like introduced 3 - 6 months ago). It was a reaction to the fact that the Hipemax II was not doing well in Asia. For people who wanted comfort it offered a relatively poor comfort/price ratio but people who wanted a racy feeling, people went for other brands. By the way, HKS is not famous for its coilovers, but more for its accessoires, like turbo booster, oil temp, ...

http://www.hks-power.co.jp/products/suspen...sp_image_02.jpg

Concerning the LS and LS+ these are more comfortable and also less expensive. Or go for the Apexi World Sport. I have them on my GS300. I have 18s and the ride is excellent, very comfortable, but will good handling. They are relatively cheap, cheaper than the HKS LS. Or, go for the C-One. THe C-One is about the same price as the LS+, but C-One is considered as a much higher brand than HKS, they are like the big brother of TRD. You normally only see them in Japan, since C-One does not market its products actively outside Japan.

Brands like Cusco and Zeal/Endless, GAB, Tanabe are too racy and do not offer good comfort. Tein is also a very popular choice in the US, but the prices I have seen in Hong Kong for Tein are too expensive compared to the other brands. If you are looking for Tein, then you can consider Tein CS and Tein Flex. Tein HA are too hard/stiff. Some shops here sell some used Tein HA, but the HK roads are considered to be too bad for the HA and most people do not like them.

(copied it from my previous reply :) )

Hey guys, Im in the market for some coilover suspension.

What do you guys have, and what do you rate??

Im so confused, was about to buy some TEIN HA, but read they are very stiff and uncomfortable!

Let me know guys!

Hey Shane,

Your JIC Tower Bar is in Hong Kong soon! got the pics of the eyelids and pod yet???sent it to your hotmail...

Matt :D

Tein Flex

I would stay away from the HA's as these would be bouncy as hell i think, especially given the condition of Sydney's roads! Parra Road going through Auburn is a killer, even for mine. I try to stay away from that area ;)

Try the Tein CS (have to be ordered in from Japan) or Flex (in stock from the Aus distributor)

I have standard Shocks but Eibach Lowering springs at the moment. I have ordered and will be getting fitted TTE (Toyota Team Europe) Coilovers in Germany at the beginning of March (Driving over!).

Remember, if you want an improvement in handling, consider uprated anti-roll bars too - not too expensive but a HUGE improvement in handling.......

Tein Flex

I would stay away from the HA's as these would be bouncy as hell i think, especially given the condition of Sydney's roads! Parra Road going through Auburn is a killer, even for mine. I try to stay away from that area ;)

Try the Tein CS (have to be ordered in from Japan) or Flex (in stock from the Aus distributor)

Stay on the M4 :D

Thanks for that Detailed reply HKGS300!

Matt, I rarley check my hotmail, will check in a min!

Better in future email @ shane.standley@thomson.com.au

Cheers!

lextacy, Auburn is a killer...literally! ;)

Where did you get yours from??

Zee, I have the same setup as you now, but still a bit soft for my liking, and too hi.

I have standard Shocks but Eibach Lowering springs at the moment. I have ordered and will be getting fitted TTE (Toyota Team Europe) Coilovers in Germany at the beginning of March (Driving over!).

Remember, if you want an improvement in handling, consider uprated anti-roll bars too - not too expensive but a HUGE improvement in handling.......

I've just got factory shocks with King lowering springs and strangely enough its alot better with four people in the car, with myself it rolls and isnt to good at handling around corners, its alright unless you push it real hard where you could possible ge in trouble, so with anti roll bars, is there just front and rear "zee007" and would cusco be a good option?

....Hayden

I've just got factory shocks with King lowering springs and strangely enough its alot better with four people in the car, with myself it rolls and isnt to good at handling around corners, its alright unless you push it real hard where you could possible ge in trouble, so with anti roll bars, is there just front and rear "zee007" and would cusco be a good option?

....Hayden

Hayden,

The uprated anti-rolls are indeed for the front and rear (they come as a pair). The standard anti-rolls are hollow, thin and generally "flexible". Thus, the uprated ones are heavier, thicker and reduce roll considerably. Cusco are an excellent brand - I know Eibach do them too...

Cheers

Zee