Lighter Clutch Pedal?

Hello to all altezza owners! i just recently found this forum and am hoping you guys can help me solve this problem i'm having.... i recently had an accident (not car accident) and had a slipped disc on my lower back, this is causing my left leg to hurt when trying to use it, this includes pressing onto the clutch pedal :( . so, i just wanna ask if there's a mod to make the clutch pedal much lighter so i can still drive!? i'm not much of a tech person so please bear with my lack of knowledge in these things if this is actually a simple problem. i hope you guys can help me out on this, so i can get back to driving my altezza! thanks so much in advance!

howard

Hello to all altezza owners! i just recently found this forum and am hoping you guys can help me solve this problem i'm having.... i recently had an accident (not car accident) and had a slipped disc on my lower back, this is causing my left leg to hurt when trying to use it, this includes pressing onto the clutch pedal :( . so, i just wanna ask if there's a mod to make the clutch pedal much lighter so i can still drive!? i'm not much of a tech person so please bear with my lack of knowledge in these things if this is actually a simple problem. i hope you guys can help me out on this, so i can get back to driving my altezza! thanks so much in advance!

howard

get a light weight flywheel...

Matt :D

howard

get a light weight flywheel...

Matt :D

The light weight flywheel wont help. It is the pressure plate in the clutch that makes it hard to push.

The only ways I can think to make it lighter is change the pressure plate to a lighter rating(which you do not want to do cos the clutch will probably slip) so I think maybe a modification to the clutch pedal pivot points to give a better leverage to the clutch master cylinder may be needed. I will have a look at mine and see what could be done. Or talk to some clutch experts like Autoclutch.

Anyone else got any ideas we cant have anyone deprived of driving there Altezza :D

There is already a spring attached to the clutch pedal as well helping to make the clutch lighter, when I took it off,the pedal was quite alot harder. So maybe you could have a stronger spring made by someone like snell springs or CMI springs which are both in Penrose

Hell no, don't touch the car, get a decent physio!! :D

The only thing I can think of, that would be easily reversed, would be an extension on the clutch pedal. It would be a bit odd, being an inch or two longer.

How about the seat, can you sit in a different position?

You could put in a smaller diameter master cyl. You would get more leverage that way, but it would be a pain in the ass job.

How about getting someone to drive you around? Did you say this was a 3SGE..... :lol:

keith

• 1 month later...

Hi! thanks again for all the info you've given me. I've finally changed the clutch to the original altezza clutch... the original owner (i bought it second-hand), had Jun lightweight flywheel installed and TRD clutch... so i switched it back to the original one.... what a difference! the pedal's now light as feather! the down side is, the car seems to be running slower than before.... slower pickup and less power in the higher revs.. oh well, i guess when i totally fix my back problem, i can always put those TRD clutches back in. anyway, i realized in my posts i never introduced myself... let me do that on a new topic. thanks again!