Dealer Fitted Rear Parking Sensors For Is250

Does anyone have pictures of what the internal display of the Dealer fitted Rear Parking Sensor looks like for the IS250 (Prestige). Im thinking of ordering on the IS250 I just bought, but want to make sure it doesnt look (too) tacked onto the rear vision mirror, with a cable hanging out of the roof lining.

I also hear the display can be mounted behind the steering wheel on the dash - has anyone done this - how does it look?

Thanks

DB.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I got the dealer fitting rear sensors on my prestige, but all it was is the sensors and the beeper. It did not integrate with the lexus on board computer at all! So no display on dask. Was quite disappointed. The dealer (Lexus of Chatswood) said only the Sport and the Luxury have it integrated to the on board lexus computer.

I'd be very interested if you find out something different from your enquiries.

Hi,

I have some aftermarket rear parking sensors fitted to my black IS250 prestige, and it just looks perfect. It is not linked to the car controls in any way but it emits a beeping nose from the boot (hidden) (and sounds just fine).

They spray paint it with your car colour before they come out to install, and it just takes about 1 hour.

Cost was about $500 with I thought was fine, as a scratched bumper will cost me $500 to repair.

You can get front sensors too, but I didnt bother.

I would highly recommend it.

wasserfal - are you referring to a rear parking video camera or just a beep beep audio system?

Bob

Hi,

I have some aftermarket rear parking sensors fitted to my black IS250 prestige, and it just looks perfect. It is not linked to the car controls in any way but it emits a beeping nose from the boot (hidden) (and sounds just fine).

They spray paint it with your car colour before they come out to install, and it just takes about 1 hour.

Cost was about $500 with I thought was fine, as a scratched bumper will cost me $500 to repair.

You can get front sensors too, but I didnt bother.

I would highly recommend it.

wasserfal - are you referring to a rear parking video camera or just a beep beep audio system?

Bob

Bob,

I was referring to the Lexus Dealer fitted Reversing Sensors. The dealer told me there is a small indicator inside which is stuck onto the Rear View Mirror, with coloured lights to tell you how close you are to something (presumably with beeps as well). They were unable to provide me with pictures of how it looked inside the car.

My partner then started talking about a Tom Tom Sat Nav unit for the car, and all of a sudden I pictured a beautiful interior fouled by wires and clipped on accessories. I bit the bullet and re-ordered the car with the Enhancement Pack.

The ship arrived yesterday, so by mid-next week I should be on the road. Cant Wait.

DB.