Is200 Mods

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and live in Brisbane Australia. I have just purchased a Black IS 200 Sport which is my second IS 200 over the past 5 years.

Big problem is that I'm constraind by the 114 kW barrier and would like to improve on it or at least make the beast sound more the part. Bigger problem is that I know very little about this area and this is what has leed me to these forums....... I'm also a little worried about my warrenty when modifying, etc.

So getting to the point, are there any IS200 owners who have been through my situation who could shead some light on how to get the most bang for your buck. I have been looking at the variuos Lexus websites in Aus but they don't anything on modifications or personallising your car.....

I have had a bit of a look on eBay but there is very little available in AUS.....

Any suggestions???

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and live in Brisbane Australia. I have just purchased a Black IS 200 Sport which is my second IS 200 over the past 5 years.

Big problem is that I'm constraind by the 114 kW barrier and would like to improve on it or at least make the beast sound more the part. Bigger problem is that I know very little about this area and this is what has leed me to these forums....... I'm also a little worried about my warrenty when modifying, etc.

So getting to the point, are there any IS200 owners who have been through my situation who could shead some light on how to get the most bang for your buck. I have been looking at the variuos Lexus websites in Aus but they don't anything on modifications or personallising your car.....

I have had a bit of a look on eBay but there is very little available in AUS.....

Any suggestions???

Hi and welcome...

Do yourself a favour first!!! never buy anything from ebay, because ebay is like a box of chocolate, you never know what ya gonna get!!! lolz...

For Power you can always start off with a TRD / Tom's Filter, then a PreLex vented Radiator Panel and then get down to the Muffler and get a Apex-i S-AFC II, then you are looking your car at around 130kw!!!

For suspension TRD Sports Shocks / TRD springs to give it a lower centre of gravity and stiffer ride...TRD sway bars to tighten the ride and stifffen it!!! ProLex Strut Tower bar to balance your struts (shocks)

For interior, there s Range of TRD / PLP stuff you can get to customise it!!!

Matt :)

Hi and welcome...

Do yourself a favour first!!! never buy anything from ebay, because ebay is like a box of chocolate, you never know what ya gonna get!!! lolz...

For Power you can always start off with a TRD / Tom's Filter, then a PreLex vented Radiator Panel and then get down to the Muffler and get a Apex-i S-AFC II, then you are looking your car at around 130kw!!!

For suspension TRD Sports Shocks / TRD springs to give it a lower centre of gravity and stiffer ride...TRD sway bars to tighten the ride and stifffen it!!! ProLex Strut Tower bar to balance your struts (shocks)

Thanx for the welcome and the advice Matt. LOL regarding the eBay, I was getting desperate!!!!

OK, I'm just going to be honest...after the filter you are speaking german to me :( But I hear the 130kw bit loud and clear, you sound like the man :D

If I could trouble you a little more......I'm in Oz, where would I start looking for this stuff? What kind of damage/dollars am I looking at? I guess I should start at the top of the list, the air filter.....TRD or Toms? (Which one has the most POWER improvement!)

I'm loving this forum, nice to meet guys with great taste ;)

Cheers Matt

Hi and welcome...

Thanx for the welcome and the advice Matt. LOL regarding the eBay, I was getting desperate!!!!

OK, I'm just going to be honest...after the filter you are speaking german to me :( But I hear the 130kw bit loud and clear, you sound like the man :D

If I could trouble you a little more......I'm in Oz, where would I start looking for this stuff? What kind of damage/dollars am I looking at? I guess I should start at the top of the list, the air filter.....TRD or Toms? (Which one has the most POWER improvement!)

I'm loving this forum, nice to meet guys with great taste ;)

Cheers Matt

lolz...you have MSN or AOL? we can chat on there!!! add me on mcdonwell@hotmail.com... I can do all the discussing there!!! ;), you can get all those stuff from me at the best price and time!!!

No, I used to have ICQ but got ride ages ago.........I'll have to download MSN and get it on my system.

So you sell this kind of stuff, that's bloody handy for me :D Are you in NZ? How do you do transactions, via bank direct debit, etc.

I'd like to get an air filter first, probably next week....I'm in your hands regarding which is the best, I guess cost is a factor.

I'll check back again tomorrow night, thanx again for your help Matt :D

Cheers Matt

No, I used to have ICQ but got ride ages ago.........I'll have to download MSN and get it on my system.

So you sell this kind of stuff, that's bloody handy for me :D Are you in NZ? How do you do transactions, via bank direct debit, etc.

I'd like to get an air filter first, probably next week....I'm in your hands regarding which is the best, I guess cost is a factor.

I'll check back again tomorrow night, thanx again for your help Matt :D

Cheers Matt

lolz....ask the rest of the Aussie members that have got stuff from me before...

Naroka

Lex-8oy

Reverbs

?uestlove

black200

so on so on....

I forgot what they pay me in...personal cheque will be the cheapest!

PS - you can PM me through this sites private message!

n/a: headers, exhaust, intake, tune with SAFC

or

TRD supercharger or custom turbo conversion

intakes for the IS200 is worst than drop in filters!!! there are no headers for the IS200 as far as I know, the cost to buy a supercharger (TTE) you will rather buy an IS300...lolz...

Wow!!! Just saw crome covers for side mirrors in the gallery....I have always loved the Audi S3's crome side mirrors.... :P :P :P

Crome Mirror Covers

Can you get these babies or is it a special release thing Matt? If so, can you give me a price, etc.

Cheers Matt

PS - Did I say I love this Forum already?

Yeah I wanted one too!!! but theres a few weeks wait from Japan!!! Yes I do love the sexy S3!!! :ph34r:

Matt,

I have sent you a PM ;)

Now I have a technical question......does anyone know how do these covers go on?

Lets hope they come with installation instructions <_<

Cheers Matt

it is a direct factory replacement, yes it should come with instrusions, I have got a few members in the US a couple sets before...