Morning All! So ive scoured the web for a couple of hours and yes ive searched this forum but get conflicting information. Question is it it worth the drama of codes being thrown up and rough running engines and crazy idle to clean a throttle body? Even YouTube shows different methods of doing it on 2006-2011 is250's. Some leave it on to clean the front, then to clean the back they manually push the butterfly flap. Others say no no no don't do that it confuses the computer. Taking the body off would be the correct way to do it but then apparently you have coolant pipes attached to it which need to be disconnected then the cooling system purged of air. I might have missed it in my search but I don't see any write ups here from someone who has done it. Whats peoples views?

Ill guess you use decent premium fuel since you've had it? Thats a good thing then you didnt notice any difference! mines onto 185000k but is running great so ill do some more research. It appears not to many on this forum have done it! Cheers, thanks for your reply.

Nothing but 98 since brand new, so yeah... very little gumming up the works.

I'm having your dilemma about doing a gearbox flush. Car drives perfectly fine at 160,000km, but oils really aren't "for life" but I don't want to regret the decision either way.