Brisbane Experiences & Delivery Times...

I recently visited Lexus Indooroopilly to have a first "close" look at the IS250. I was pretty impressed with the car but didn't receive much help from the sales guy.

I asked about delivery times and got the line about having to place an order before being able to check vehicle allocation etc - which I told the guy was pretty ridiculous. He just shrugged.....

From his attitute I assume that there's quite a delay between ordering and delivery, long enough to dissuade a wavering buyer from committing if a significant delay is likely. Sign the contract, pay the deposit then be told the car won't be available for 3-4 months? I wasn't born yesterday...

My last "premium" purchase was a MB C240 in 2001. I spoke to the sales guy, he pulled out his vehicle sheet and told me what was available and when it'd arrive. I chose the spec I wanted and ended-up getting the car 2wks earlier than expected. This is the kind of service I expected from Lexus...

Anyone else have any suggestions/recommendations re buying an IS250 in SE Qld?

Thanks...

I just bought my IS250 in December from a sydney dealer and they got a sheet out showing me what was available and and how long it would take to get it.

I'd suggest speaking to the manager of the dealership and getting up them about it.

Good luck

malfunction99.

Interesting to say the least. I was lucky that they had the car I wanted (except I had to settle for Silver and not Blue) on the showrrom floor, about this time last year. The salemen have changed since I made my purchase.

I am sure, like nutter said, that they can check to see what is being shipped and when they will arrive. That is, the ones that haven't been sold/ordered. If nothing there that suits you, they should be able to give you an indication on how long it will take from scratch to have the one you want built. Seems to be the case with so many people wanting them and the they aren't building excess stock.

Andrew Scifleet is the Dealer Principle out there and his office is just behind the IS salesman, so talk to his secrutary and he would be very interested to know your concerns. It's not normally the way they work out there.

Having said that, it may be hard to know how long a car may take if there aren't any available on the next shipment to Aust, until they know what specs you want and they check with Japan to see if any with those specs are on the assembly lines.

Don't loose faith. They are a good car, great to drive and best value for money when compared to BMW and Mercedes.

malfunction99.

Having said that, it may be hard to know how long a car may take if there aren't any available on the next shipment to Aust, until they know what specs you want and they check with Japan to see if any with those specs are on the assembly lines.

Don't loose faith. They are a good car, great to drive and best value for money when compared to BMW and Mercedes.

Thanks, the next time I visit I'll make a point of asking to speak with Andrew if I can't get the answers I want. What I wanted was basically to know colour/timing on the Prestige & Sport models with the Option Pack (SatNav, moonroof, ML stereo etc) I don't think I can spring for the SL model just now, unfortunately (cash buyer) unless I finance the extra 15-20k, which I want to avoid if possible.

I'd expect that after a year of sales, Lexus could make reasonably accurate predictions on model/colour/options popularity and order from HO accordingly. I'm not hard to please :)

And, FWIW, after having owned a MB240C and having priced (optioned-up) and driven the current 3-series, I'm definitely convinced that the IS250 represents great value. The 240C isn't in the picture at all, and its silly money on a 325 to match the IS250's equipment list. I'm set to buy within the next month or so, but might just wait until the Brisbane Motor Show to get a look at all my options in close proximity to each other...

Thanks for the advice

I had a thought of getting the SL but it was sooo over my budget. Sports model does not have full leather seats so that was a setback for me as i wanted leather.

Given the price of the Prestige i think i'm happy with it, althought if i do have the money, i might buy the SL.

Oh and just an advice, think twice about the colour. Colours play a big part in highlighting a car and being Lexus (luxurious and prestigious) and you would to make the right choice.

I had another visit to Lexus Indooroopiliy a couple of days ago and the experience couldn't have been more different than my first visit.

I made a point of approaching a different sales person - whom I won't name here - and he was extremely helpful, giving me more information on the IS250 than I could really process at the time. He was also very open about pricing, availability, deals etc and had I been in the position to buy right then, I would have.

Worth noting however that when my young son (10) stuck his head in the merchandise shop, the same guy I'd seen originally raced over to have a go at him about not touching anything. I could only shake my head in amazement.

I'm sure that when I've got "my ducks in a row" I'll be back and will be happy to deal with the 2nd guy - no problem - he deserves every dollar of commission he receives...

One thing about the car (I spent a few minutes sitting in an IS250 with the moonroof) is that even though I'm about 180cm tall, my head was just about touching the headlining. Seems to be farily common. I think I'd need to spend a few minutes on seat adjustment to see if I can find a solution.....

lol about the original sales dude.

Being a customer i recon they should give you more respect than that. I would have a ago at whoever that had ago at my son...

I was in the Dealership yesterday, yes, to again have things attended to (long story, see other posting) and I talked to one of the salesguys while waiting for the car to be brought around, and they say it is about a 6 week wait at present, unless you want a special build and then it will be about 3 months wait.

If you haven't seen it, they have a Red one on the show room floor. A special build, but I think it is only a prestege. Very impressive colour.

You have to go and see it. I don't believe it is for anybody, just something to have on display.

I was in the Dealership yesterday, yes, to again have things attended to (long story, see other posting) and I talked to one of the salesguys while waiting for the car to be brought around, and they say it is about a 6 week wait at present, unless you want a special build and then it will be about 3 months wait.

If you haven't seen it, they have a Red one on the show room floor. A special build, but I think it is only a prestege. Very impressive colour.

You have to go and see it. I don't believe it is for anybody, just something to have on display.

Yeah - I saw the red one. Apparently it was for a woman who finance approved on the basis of xxx deposit but couldn't cough up when the time came. Too many shoe purchase perhaps :)

Seriously though, I don't think I could live with the colour, I'm tending towards silver - Prestige, Auto + Option pack $69k OTR but apparently willing to deal. Wonder if I can get those nice big wheels free or at a substantial discount?... Time will tell - I'm about a month away from buying.

Here are some pics for your silver tastes...

:)

http://parkers.mirror.co.uk/cars/reviews/R...aspx?model=1425

I have the same colour-combo. At first i thought black was the best but i redecided and went with silver as it best highlight the lexus lines.

Thanks, its gotta be silver for me - unless the dealer happens to have something else nice available at the time I buy - which should be late March....

Have you been happy with yours? Any regrets or other thoughts?

Here are some pics for your silver tastes...

:)

http://parkers.mirror.co.uk/cars/reviews/R...aspx?model=1425

I have the same colour-combo. At first i thought black was the best but i redecided and went with silver as it best highlight the lexus lines.

Hey. That's my car, well almost. Mine is the Sports so I don't have woodgrain, but the brushed steel look and a manual. Prefer it over the woodgrain.

Mostly happy with the car. Performance and handling is excellent.

I have listed some of the nigling issues on other posts on the forum. You can have a read. I do believe they have ironed out all the rattle issues, but I don't work at the dealership, so don't know if people are still encountering rattle and seat issues.

I must say that, I have now had my drivers seat replaced (July) and then the new seat started squeaking, which they finally found a fix for, but I found a "flaw" in the fabric, whcih the dealership tried to fix by replacing the cover, but this made it worse and now they have ordered another new seat. :angry:

I still get nosies from the dash for about the first 5 minutes of driving. I think it must be heat related with wiring or something as the noise goes away with the air-con on (after about 5 mintues). So, it's back the shop AGAIN when the seat comes in.