I current have the oem bulbs and would like to get some cool aftermarkets ones...bluey color would be nice.

I dont have the money to upgrade to HIDs so i might just settle for just the bulbs.

Anyone have aftermarkets bulbs? What are some good ones?

I know that place. I think for now i might just replace the bulb and see what happens.

Not ready to mod my car just yet :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Does it void the warranty if you install aftermarket Hids? I heard to be legal you need the waterjet sprayer install also?

Is someone is in Sydney and is getting their Hids done, let me know so i can come and see how it is, thanks.

I suppose one way to find out is to ring your sale rep.

But yeh, i'm in the process of either spending 300-400 bucks for the Hids or a 50-100 bucks bulb replacements.

Hey what's the chance of you getting the kit? If you are getting it done at the shops, i might too. Let me know ok.

Also i noticed you have the Prestige and have 18x8" on, have you confirm with the RTA that you can have these cos the Prestige is only 16x6.5 ? i'm thinking of getting wheels but worried that it's not allowed.

the 18x8 are factory upgrade from the lexus dealer, not aftermarket wheels

the sales rep guy said you are allowed to upgrade wheels to the largest offering on that model, so for the is250, the sports has 18" so you are allowed 18"

ok, regarding warranty on HID kit

was talking to another is250 owner who has done a few mods on their car, incl. exhaust, intake, HID kit, lowerd, bigger rims, and body kit

he said he asked the sales rep from lexus and that guy said HID kit will void warranty, as the ballast needs to be wired into the cars electrical, hence may change some voltages

basically, the car owner said to do only bolt on mods if you want to retain the 4yr warranty

You've confirmed about the 18" as i rang the RTA and they said you can go 1" wider taken from the largest wheel options available for the model but it needs to be stated on the placards (i think the placard lists all three sizes).

As for HIDs, i think it would be too expensive to go with oem and so HID will be out of the question for me. Will need to just buy better replacement bulbs.

ok took delivery of the car this morning and asked the sales rep and he said HID kit will void warranty

so im just going to change the globe

does anyone where i can get some good HID ones? i want pure white

are the is250 globe H11?

cheers

I'm gonna set aside some time and get my bulbs replaced. I think turbo spares in Cab or that place in Para (Church St.) should have the bulbs.

So where are the pics of your new car?

this is what i got from another forum:

Correct, the low beam is H11, unless you got the HID option, that would make them D4S.

High beams are 9005 (HB3) and Foglights are 9006 (HB4).

A quick search on google came up with this page:

http://www.eautoworks.com/html/bulbSearch-1-LEXUS-IS250.htm

Enjoy! There are all the references to all types of bulbs for the IS250.

Pics of new car will be up soon

first mod will be to get a k&n air panel filter replacing the stock OEM one

then im thinking of getting HID conversion kit for low beam, and PIAA bulbs for high beam and fog light, possible HID conversion for all 3 if i feel rich

after that, im putting in a tanabe exhaust

ahhahaha

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...