Apexi N1 Type V Coil Overs

I am a happy man today, I installed my new apexi N1 Type V coil overs last night and have test driven it just now....wow... what a difference. Its like going from driving a boat on the rough west coast to driving the car on rails.

with the height they came set at its lowered it about 20-25mm alround, now im waiting till this afternoon to get a wheel alignment.

I suggest anyone with over about 60000kms, get rid of the standard shocks and springs

:)

the only bad point is that now I cant use my TRD strut brace because of the dampening adjusters on the strut, So now Matt has to source me another one to suit. :(

Aaron

SCHWEET ! So what do you think of the ride firmness (ie bumps and stuff) ?

And as you know I had to swap mine out with standards - long story - and have noticed my car handles like a sponge. Well, that might be overstating it, even a std Altezza feels rock solid compared to most other cards. So now I've gotta get my Apexi coilovers reconditioned. You mentioned Autoline as the people to go with ?

Yeah Franco, get the problem ones to me and I will get my buddies there to take a look at them for you.

I had the wheel alignment today and its just magic, I could never go back to how it was before. The ride is what i call perfect for our crappy roads, I took it for a blast through the back roads tonight and in corners where it felt dodgy at 120 it flew around confidently at an unmentionable speed.

Yes I have a 4 week old TRD strut brace for sale, Matt is in charge of selling it for me so he can get me another brand with the money.

Hayden do you have a cusco strut brace? do you have pics?

I will either get a cusco or C-One depending on what looks the best quality and strength

Yeah Franco, get the problem ones to me and I will get my buddies there to take a look at them for you.

Yo Hoon

sweet. I may be coming up towards the end of this month, early next so I will get in touch with you closer to that date.

Cher cher, Franco

Can you put three longer studs in the top of the strut and put a nylon spacer on top of it. This would put the strut 15 or 20mm (say) lower down under the car's strut tower, (ie, raise the car that much) and then you wind the spring base down to lower the car.

We used to cut the Datsun rear coils pretty short and hard on the rally car ands then space the ride height up with nylon spacers.

keith

OHHH *BLEEP*!!! I forgot about the dampening for my TEIN are going to get in the way of my Strut bar too then huh?? DAMN!! : I just bought it too

If its JIC you should be OK, it looks like its only the TRD and the C-One aluminiun strut braces that will be a problem with the adjustible dampening valves on top of the strut.

Im not to sure though about the tein electronic control system though if you have it on yours

• 3 months later...

will hooking up the edfc have a problem together with the jic strut??? any comments shane? just by going with the pics, a cusco should be ok? saw your pics with the edfc, and checking out the pics from the uk club, the jic strut might be borderline.

looking at placing an order for tein flex this week..

any of the sydney guys looking at teins as well? or apexi n1's? possible discount on multiple buys.. let me know.. i'd be willing to wait 1 more week if there is someone else..

JIC fits the IS200 best...it even fits the IS300 without the engine cover on...

Matt :)

hey matt.. yep shane confirm it the other day.. so its looking good!

exeter : yes, but its not my first priority for setting it up right now ;)