Low End Problem On Sxe10 (rs200)

This is becoming one of the major FAQ...

These can be the outcome for the problem...

Apex-i Intake with Cold Air box...it's increase the airflow without sucking in hot air, remember it is POINTLESS to have a Intake on the SXE10 without a Cold Air Box, it will only make your car even slower at low end, well unless you really do just care for high end...but Apex-i one will improve by both low and high end...

C-One / HKS Headers...One of the worst design on the SXE10 and JCE10 are the headers...replace headers and decat improves exhaust flow by a heap. results is you get you low and high end power...but car may become louder...

Oval Type Mufflers...examples are TRD, Tom's, Lsportline etc. Reason for this is the oval type mufflers are design to improve more torque than high end power...remember the SXE10 deserves more power down low than at the top! so unless you want the loud noise and get chased around by the boys in blue get oval type mufflers!

Apex-i S-AFC II Piggy Back ECU System...after you got the above 3 modifications, it is best to use the S-AFC II to adjust and map the petro and air flow...it is required because the Stock ECU is not made to be adjustable and that way sometime it will made your car slower if not tuned probly...so getting you car tuned probly is a very important after you have gone to stage II (Headers), but make sure you have complete all your airflow mods to get the most out of this ECU.

These 4 mods are the best solution to the low end weakness of the SXE10...

These Mods can also contribute to the situation...

-Tom's Air Filter (Panel)

Hope it helps most of the FAQ regarding this type of question...well off course you can always get a 2.2 Litre kit or Force induction, but thats only if you want to fork out that $$$...

Matt :)

• 2 months later...

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have an Apexi S-AFC but I would like to know how to set the sensor type and graph scale in the ETC menu...Also how do I set the dec air in the setting menu? I got the other settings from the booklet of an Apexi power intake that i bought for my SXE10 along with the induction box.

Note my car mods so far are: tanabe oval muffler, Apexi power intake with induction box, Apexi FC commander (ECU), Apexi S-AFC and Tokico lower springs and adjustable shocks. That is it for now. My next step is to get the headers, I need more top end.. Any ideas how I can increase the top end power?

So far with all the parts i have on only the suspension is recognisable in the ride and the bottom end power from the ECU I think.

yours truly

Tezza Celebrity