Gps Navigation/tv.....

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has hooked the factory Altezza GPS system up with a DVD player or something else? I was told by an installer it could be done if the system has an aux input. Does anyone know if they have this input? Looking at a sound system with a DVD player and any help would be much appreciated. Cheers!

- Daniel

Associate of mine purchased a Gita with the Jap Nav system in it. After trying to source local procuct to modify the GPS into screen only (for dvd playback), the only answer he had in the end was to trash the factory GPS and start from scratch. I guess this is the easier option, but may be more expensive.

Also for all you guys and girls out there considering spending big bucks putting DVD in dash, a little bit of advice...

LTSA and Police are looking at making in-dash screens other than stereo or temp control/gps (ie: LCD DVD or game screens) illegal. Dont be surprised if in the near future owners already with in-dash screens will be made to remove them, it may even extend to a Warrant Of Fitness requisite.

Screens situated behind the driver would remain legal.

Just food for thought before spending the big bucks.