Has anyone had problems with metallic tints on an IS250.

I have been told by the dealer not to use metallic as it upsets the sat nav, but the sat nav receiver is in the dashboard so shouldn't be affected. I don't mind losing some AM radio reception due to the tint.

Thanks

• 2 months later...

I pick up my new IS250X on monday with tint so we will see how it goes

So what's new on the X model? Is it the prestige, sport or sport luxury?

I believe there is a red version. I reckon I would have got mine in red if it was available at the time.

I wanna tint my car too, any recommendations?

I read that the IS250X is limited to 260 only and are available in 3 colors only , cost wise it is is the same as the Prestige but has the Sports gooddies (now that's REALLY GOOD value for money).

I wanna tint my car too, any recommendations?

I went to a place called SolaGuard and got their Endurance 38. Apparently it's their top of the line film and is metallic and comes with a lifetime warranty. B)

• 6 months later...

The minimum "legal" VLT (visible light trasmitted) is 35% and that is for glass+film - except for SA where the front driver and passenger glass must have a VLT of 70%. I know this because my car was defected for tint 3 times in the last few years :lol: but it just looks wrong if the tint isn't even.

I think the problem with metalized tints only really effect vehicles that have their antenna's etched onto the inside of glass, and this can be overcome by using a different film with a quality pigment. Ask the guys at the tint shop to explain further ;)

It's OK, I got full metallic tint, darkest legally possible, 38% or such. No problems and looks fantastic with the black car IMO

Hi there, I know it's been a while since you last got your tint done.

I also have an IS250 and I'm considering of getting mine tinted as well. One of my main concerns is the front windows where the tweeters are on the doors.

I was told by the dealer that the IS250 that it's a tight fit to get proper tinting since it's tight fit. How did yours turn out?

Also you mentioned the metallic tint didn't affect your audio reception? Any issues with the keyless smart entry stuff?

Any help or advice in this area is welcomed :)

Hi there, I know it's been a while since you last got your tint done.

I also have an IS250 and I'm considering of getting mine tinted as well. One of my main concerns is the front windows where the tweeters are on the doors.

I was told by the dealer that the IS250 that it's a tight fit to get proper tinting since it's tight fit. How did yours turn out?

Also you mentioned the metallic tint didn't affect your audio reception? Any issues with the keyless smart entry stuff?

Any help or advice in this area is welcomed :)

No problems at all. No mention of probs with tweeter placement, and all electronics working as I would expect. :lol: