The reason why they are soft are mainly because the LS400 is made for comfort and not for sports...also maybe because the car is now 9 years old the shocks are really worn, how many k's have your car done? I would say get new shocks and springs....if you ever need any help on any problems or parts let me know and I will try my best to help...cheers and welcome to our club!

Matt =)

Thanks Matt. My LS400 has now done about 120,000 kms. I think it's the time to have new springs & shocks... Should I just walk in Lexus to have it replaced or do you have any particular brnad names you will recommend ?

If you replace shocks from lexus, 1 they will charge you alot, 2nd the same thing is only going to happen again after 40-50k's...let me ask thosee experts around here and ask whats best for you...you just want pure comfort or abit of sportiness? let me know and see if I can help out.

Matt =)

haha, I lived in Auckland for 11 years...haha..I found out Bilstein Shocks will be the best for you...Most Japanese companies no longer have shock for your model...one thing I need to know...I need your chassis number (VIN) and are your suspension electric? Let me know cheers...

Matt =)

OK, I found out that your car does not have air suspension...from my experience I would say get a set of Bilstein Shocks, they are german and yes they are one of the best quality shocks available on the market...

Matt =)