HI The aurion is not avaialble in the UK Looked at the car yesteday Is the engine the same as the IS250? It is had very high specs and wondered if much of the hardware is lexus based..Not so sure about the shape..the IS is much better looking but if it is very similar to the top range IS it represents good value for money

any opinions

thanks

alan

Hi Alan,

Prior to buying my is250 9 mths ago I nearly bought the top of the range aurion(about $50000).This model is actually higher spec`d than the base 250 with sat nav,leather,rear camera,push button start,sunroof,bluetooth,xeon lights etc altho the sound system is nowhere near as good.With all these toys it is better value and it has the bigger 3.5 v6 engine but is front wheel drive.They also have a cheap fixed price service for 3-4 yrs.Obviously being a Toyota its a good car but it isn`t in the class of a Lexus.I`m very happy that I chose the 250 instead as its more of a drivers car with the rear wheel drive & so quiet.Much nicer shape as well unless you want a larger car.Re the rattle/noise aspect,mine did start but the dealer fixed that up in a couple of mins(adjusted something on the passenger side seat)now fine.I get a slight dash noise over rough roads occasionally but doesn`t bother me.All in all a much more refined car looks great & drives supremely well.Rob

The Aurion has a much better bodykit, more powerful engine and is bigger in size which alot of people with family will want. For the top spec, it's more value for money (dollar for dollar) in my oppinion if you compare the cars themselves (not the brand).

If you have a family, then the Aurion is the car to get, otherwise if you're a single couple or just single, then the Lexus is the way to go. The Aurion is basically a top end big brother of the Camry, it drives and sounds alot like the Camry but has more features which alot of other family cars would die to have for the cost. The Is250 however is more refined and besides being more luxurious, it drives and handles like a luxury sports car that it is.

At the end of the day both cars are excellent choices, just that you need to decide what is more suited to your needs.

Something to thin about, if you really want a Lexus and think the Is250 is abit small, then look for the 2004-ish GS. They go for around $40-50K which is more than half the rrp. Try looking for low Ks one and TRUST ME you will not notice that it is a second hand car.

I do part time valet work and drive heaps of luxury cars and i can guarantee you that even a 2000 ES Lexus feels more luxurious than the Aurion.

Lexus is what it is, and there is no denying it.

The Aurion has a much better bodykit, more powerful engine and is bigger in size which alot of people with family will want. For the top spec, it's more value for money (dollar for dollar) in my oppinion if you compare the cars themselves (not the brand).

If you have a family, then the Aurion is the car to get, otherwise if you're a single couple or just single, then the Lexus is the way to go. The Aurion is basically a top end big brother of the Camry, it drives and sounds alot like the Camry but has more features which alot of other family cars would die to have for the cost. The Is250 however is more refined and besides being more luxurious, it drives and handles like a luxury sports car that it is.

At the end of the day both cars are excellent choices, just that you need to decide what is more suited to your needs.

Something to thin about, if you really want a Lexus and think the Is250 is abit small, then look for the 2004-ish GS. They go for around $40-50K which is more than half the rrp. Try looking for low Ks one and TRUST ME you will not notice that it is a second hand car.

I do part time valet work and drive heaps of luxury cars and i can guarantee you that even a 2000 ES Lexus feels more luxurious than the Aurion.

Lexus is what it is, and there is no denying it.

thanks I amsure now that i will pay the extra for the lexus!

Alan