Hi Folks, I am hoping that someone can enlighten me as to the differences in the tail-light configurations.

I believe that 92 had single tail light an single brake light in each side. Is this so ?

Also, I am told that the 94-95 model had two tail lights and two brake lights on each side.

Can someone please confirm ?

Thanks.

• 5 months later...

Hi Folks, I am hoping that someone can enlighten me as to the differences in the tail-light configurations.

I believe that 92 had single tail light an single brake light in each side. Is this so ?

Also, I am told that the 94-95 model had two tail lights and two brake lights on each side.

Can someone please confirm ?

Thanks.

No, the 1992 one is two brake lights while from the 94 on the upper part of the lights become reflector that means one brake light on each side.

Also from 92 to 96 tail lights can swap with each other, however, since 92-93 got two brake lights on each side, if swap use will make the "brake light fail" indicator to light up, you need to re-wire the tail light tomake it go off.

I owned a 92 model and just put in a set 95 model tail light after a complete polish and clear out the 95 set.

If you see a 92 model with a clear tail light like the 2001s style in WA, that is my car. :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...

thats is so wrong information.

mate, there is no difference, my friend got a imported 92 es300 and i got 92 es300

i got one brakelight / tail light.

and he got 2 brakelight/tailight

hope that help?

On my 1996 the brake light failure light has come on, obviously because i have a tail light out.

Heres the problem - I have changed the bulb, infact all the bulbs in the whole assembly, i have checked all the fuses although the other side would be out too if i blew a fuse.

But the brake light is still not working, infact the one i pulled out was fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be?