I'm not a fan... my wheels shouldn't be one, either :D

A friend of mine was at the last SEMA in the states, and the latest thing over there is 'geared' wheels.

One type has the centre of the mag free rolling, and weighted at the base so when you are driving along your mag essentially stays still, while the outside of the wheel (and the tire, of course) rolls around it.

But for the ultimate in rice, you can now get wheels which are geared to roll BACKWARDS at the same speed that the wheel is rolling forwards! You can just picture the confused onlookers! My mate was telling me that when they roll slowly past you, it gives you a headache!

the first time i saw those on a car (the blue RS/IS200 in Auckland) i was like, wow, burn out at the lights!!!! hahaha

i didn't know what they were all about haha..

more and more cars have those now.. good try, but i don't really like them..

• 2 weeks later...

was waiting at tempe to get my rubber fitted today.. a guy with an accord was taking a look at getting a set..

i had to ask him.. do you really want a set of these? i think he was waiting for someone to question him.. coz he opted out and we both agreed that he made a better choice in the end :D

I'm not a fan... my wheels shouldn't be one, either :D

A friend of mine was at the last SEMA in the states, and the latest thing over there is 'geared' wheels.

One type has the centre of the mag free rolling, and weighted at the base so when you are driving along your mag essentially stays still, while the outside of the wheel (and the tire, of course) rolls around it.

But for the ultimate in rice, you can now get wheels which are geared to roll BACKWARDS at the same speed that the wheel is rolling forwards! You can just picture the confused onlookers! My mate was telling me that when they roll slowly past you, it gives you a headache!

The geared wheel hub is actually a standard feature in the lastest Rolls-Royce Phantom. (L 252,038) I saw one in Brisbane BMW end of last year, I checked the wheel hubs, all in upright position.

I first read that in British EVO magazine. I didnt know that it became available for aftermarket wheels.

Bmalar: Are u located in BNE? or Goldcoast? welcome to the forum

SSML

No mods yet..

I bought a '99 IS200 with sports/lux pack & sunroof.. It's Red Mica with Ivory interior.

I no going to change it in to many ways, maybe some simple minor power upgrades and a minor kit (I think it's the elegance kit??).

How do you find the springs? Do they make a much of a difference in the ride?