I popped inot a company called Advance imports here in AK NZ last week to enquire about locally sourced air elements for my car and they told me they are building one in Australia at the moment too!

Even offered to attempt a conversion to my TRD,at a cost of around 10K NZ...(3500 pounds ish)...

I respectfully declined.

Can't wait to see what the monster runs like!!

Will do a bit more digging on this Australian job if you'd like?

Thems soundin like fightin' words Keith!! ;)

Trd 328-Had my car looked over by the boys at performance car magazine,they assesed it over a full day,and tell me the following is different from the norm.

1: It's a DUAL STAGE vvt-i,unlike my previous IS that was only a single.

2: The 1gfe is running a compression ratio that is higher than standard(11.5:1)

3: The computer is a re-programmeable rom-simply plug into a tuning port. It also has a (plug in)type chip setup.(unsure about normal ecu's)

4: Limited slip rear end

Their results and experts tell me the car is in the vicinity of 160kw.

I've got the article which I'd love to post for you guys to check out-but everytime I scan the mag pages they end up as MASSIVE file sizes,so would take forever to up/download.

Can anyone offer me scanning advice on doing a full A4 size,full color article that will be of a smaller size??

Been trying but my graphics knowledge is somewhat newbie....

Hope this info helps,

Regards,

Gav. B)

I've never tried timing it-i myself am still learning about these motors,purely going on what I've been told at this stage....

Tis an auto,so bit sluggish off the line but once those cams start openin its a real smile mobile!

Average file size for each of the four page article is 3.5 Meg-ya still want it??

Email maybe-save uploading all that space to the gallery?

As far as I know the 6cyl 1GFE have only the inlet on VVTi, whereas the 3SGE 4cyls have both cams. I wonder how big a job it was to convert the exhaust cam to variable timing, including the computer program that controls it all. I haven't seen anyone offering that service in a tuneup shop.

I saw webpage that showed new IS200s available in Russia with superchargers fitted. Power quoted was 186KW! :rolleyes:

This page lists all the Toyota engines and their power. Very handy, including the 1GZFE 5.0L V12 for Matt's monster when he's tired of the 2JZ-GTE :lol:

http://www.toysport.com/spec_sheet.htm

100 proof I hear! :lol:

Now I'm as confused as anyone as to what may(or may not) be under the hood on my car!(newbie on the technical side of these motors and going on what I've been told by knowledgeable people).

Hey Greeneyes,you up for this dyno day coming so we can have our showdown? ;) (will ease my mind on est vs dyno'd performance figures too)

Regards,

Gav B)

(Sigh) Two hours this morning searching "Altezza .ru" and "IS200.ru" through Babelfish, and I can't find that site again! Typical of the WWW, you only ever see something once! I found this news item saying our Jap imports will all become Lexii in 2005- I'm afraid its still a bit Russian...

Toyota declared about its intentions to present brand of lekhus on the domestic market and to decrease a quantity of marketable channels of those selling the automobiles of toyota from five to four.

Sales of automobiles under the stamp of lekhus will begin in 2005 year through the specialized marketable channel.The automobiles of toyota in execution of luxes were sold under the stamp of lekhus in THE USA and had there enormous success.Only matters on the European and Asian markets more badly were.In order to correct situation, Toyota plans to convert brand of lekhus into present high-class brand represented on the markets for the entire world.The advance of branding will begin from the Asian market, and first of all this will touch Japan, where most likely will disappear such models as shindom, Altezza, Chelsior and Yuarriyer, and for the change by it will arrive the new models of lekhus.

(ch) to shshsh.allzhapanesechars.chom/ru/

:lol:

• 7 months later...
100 proof I hear! :lol:

Now I'm as confused as anyone as to what may(or may not) be under the hood on my car!(newbie on the technical side of these motors and going on what I've been told by knowledgeable people).

Hey Greeneyes,you up for this dyno day coming so we can have our showdown? ;) (will ease my mind on est vs dyno'd performance figures too)

Regards,

Gav B)

I am keen for the dyno aswell, so hopefully can make it on that day!

interested to see the results over a standard altezza or the factory qoutes for power etc!!!

"man a supercharger would be nice!!!!!"