Hi, I recently purchased a 2008 IS250 sports luxury. I was lead to believe it has "bi xenon" headlights and AFS lights.

At low beam there is no doubt they are xenon HID and I can see the beams move while driving if I turn when AFS is enabled.

Going to high beam, the light on the road is a lot more yellow (looks like conventional headlights) and I can't really tell if the beams still operate as AFS.

At the front, the outter bulbs look like xenon bulbs...but the two inner globes look like standbard bulbs.

Is it true to say that there are only xenon lights are low beam, and when high beam is on, it uses the other bulbs? and does AFS get disabled?

You never notice these things before buying as it is usually during the day.

Regards

Hi, I recently purchased a 2008 IS250 sports luxury. I was lead to believe it has "bi xenon" headlights and AFS lights.

At low beam there is no doubt they are xenon HID and I can see the beams move while driving if I turn when AFS is enabled.

Going to high beam, the light on the road is a lot more yellow (looks like conventional headlights) and I can't really tell if the beams still operate as AFS.

At the front, the outter bulbs look like xenon bulbs...but the two inner globes look like standbard bulbs.

Is it true to say that there are only xenon lights are low beam, and when high beam is on, it uses the other bulbs? and does AFS get disabled?

You never notice these things before buying as it is usually during the day.

Regards

i'm not 100% sure as i have the prestige model and we don't get xenons, i had to install an aftermarket hid kit, but on most cars only the low beams are xenon. high beam, fog lights and parkers are still normal bulbs so i'm pretty sure this will be the case with the is250 as well.

not sure about the afs though.

maybe someone else can offer their input!

Hi pygothian,

Like you, i also have the sports luxury variant and unfortunately, our headlights aren't bi-xenon. The xenons only work on low beam. When you flick the stalk to high beam, it just activates the 2 additional halogen lamps and those lamps aren't equipped with AFS.

As to whether the AFS for the xenon functions with high beam, i am sure it does but it won't make a difference cos the halogens are just way too bright to notice AFS in action!

I wonder if it's possible to replace those halogens with xenons... that would be pretty neat! Anybody knows?

I have the luxury model too but I don't give a damn about the high beam really, yes yellow is ugly but how often do you actually use the high beam ....

I've done something cool to my car though, after searching everywhere (ebay, overseas, auto shops etc) i've finally found a pair of leds and replaced the parking lights. Whats so special about the leds you might ask, this pair actually matches the head lights colour.

For those of you who don't know ... it is pretty damn hard to find a pair of leds that is warm white, even though many brands says their leds are white but its actually blue.

Hey, now you have to tell us where you got them and the part number/descriptor !!

It would be good to have the parkers and headlights at least the same colour.

Thanks

I have the luxury model too but I don't give a damn about the high beam really, yes yellow is ugly but how often do you actually use the high beam ....

I've done something cool to my car though, after searching everywhere (ebay, overseas, auto shops etc) i've finally found a pair of leds and replaced the parking lights. Whats so special about the leds you might ask, this pair actually matches the head lights colour.

For those of you who don't know ... it is pretty damn hard to find a pair of leds that is warm white, even though many brands says their leds are white but its actually blue.

Hey, now you have to tell us where you got them and the part number/descriptor !!

Thanks

I've done something cool to my car though, after searching everywhere (ebay, overseas, auto shops etc) i've finally found a pair of leds and replaced the parking lights. Whats so special about the leds you might ask, this pair actually matches the head lights colour. Will take a pic and upload when I have time.

Unfortunately I got it overseas in HK, and I've changed three pairs of leds already to get the colour i want (though it doesn't cost much), will take a pic when i have time. :P

But seriously, the original yellow is so damn ugly <_<

Thanks

I've done something cool to my car though, after searching everywhere (ebay, overseas, auto shops etc) i've finally found a pair of leds and replaced the parking lights. Whats so special about the leds you might ask, this pair actually matches the head lights colour. Will take a pic and upload when I have time.

Unfortunately I got it overseas in HK, and I've changed three pairs of leds already to get the colour i want (though it doesn't cost much), will take a pic when i have time. :P

But seriously, the original yellow is so damn ugly <_<

i've also been trying to find a nice set of white leds! if anyone knows pls post details!

Whoa looks nice! What's involved in changing to LED's is it just a matter of putting a different bulb in or does it involve rewiring a whole bunch of things?? :)

I believe anyone could do it themselves (there is instruction on the drivers manual), you just need a small hand to get the job done. I recommend you use a spanner for the right hand side though, unscrew the bolt to free up more space from the washer tube, open the lid and change the bulb ;)

Whoa looks nice! What's involved in changing to LED's is it just a matter of putting a different bulb in or does it involve rewiring a whole bunch of things?? :)

I believe anyone could do it themselves (there is instruction on the drivers manual), you just need a small hand to get the job done. I recommend you use a spanner for the right hand side though, unscrew the bolt to free up more space from the washer tube, open the lid and change the bulb ;)

exactly what akuma said, just a matter of swapping bulbs. it's just a pain the backside to access to bulbs!

exactly what akuma said, just a matter of swapping bulbs. it's just a pain the backside to access to bulbs!

Hey Guys,

Just reading about the white LED for your headlights, I want to change mine, but not to sure on the type / brand and how much.. I'm looking at prices and they all vary and some by heaps..

any help would be appreciated.

Hey Guys,

Just reading about the white LED for your headlights, I want to change mine, but not to sure on the type / brand and how much.. I'm looking at prices and they all vary and some by heaps..

any help would be appreciated.

if it's just parkers you're after it's just a standard T10 bulb. the choice is then yours as to brand/type. i've got a cheap set of $3 ones and they suit me fine.

• 5 years later...

hi akuma

Your pics are really good.

I just bought some LEDs and as I opened the panels up, I noticed that there were 2 pairs of light connectors in total. So, 1 pair each side ( the T10 parker and HB3).

Did you change your LEDs only and left the high beams (as in the HB3 bulb ones) alone?

I'm a bit confused.

I thought that by changing the T10 parkers, my car's lights would look like yours (except when high beam is activated).
The parkers seem to be at the lower side of the headlight and I just wondered if replacing the T10 parkers would be sufficient?
Kindly comment :)
Thank you

This is a 2008 thread and akuma hasn't been seen since 2009 lol but yes replacing your T10 parkers is enough - you don't drive around with the highbeams on with other people around so you don't have to change them (well hopefully you don't lol).

hahah cheers, champ :)

i tried to remove the parkers' wire but could not get it out.

Bear in mind, i did not take the air filter box out.

i tried twisting it anti-clockwise but it does not come loose.

That's the wire right below the high beam right?

Yes, you remove the cover to the highbeam right and it's under it? It should just turn out. I didn't have to take the air filter box out but on the other side it's a bit easier if you loosen the water reservoir thing.