Info Comparison For T/c And S/c

Hey i just joined in and really happy that there are a few guys modding their is200/tezza in aus and gee i love this car now......... i own a is200 pretty much stock except the legana bodykit, i really want to get some more power in....

could someone please help with figures (rwkw, 0-100kph) of someone who uses t/c or s/c? what about nos?

i saw the link http://www.turbofast.com.au/lexus.html in the forum and wow its good....... i'm willing to spend AUD15k (less would be much better :lol: )what would be the best option....

thanks heaps guys

P.S. i'm in desperation to beat a 2003 celica :P (not that its the reason to mod my car)

Considering the fact that the 1G-FE is a pretty crap motor, with a 20 year old block, modding it will not get you far.

Look at all the really quick 200's and you have either RS200's, with the BEAMS motor's, modded, or an engine swap to a 1JZ, 2JZ usually (the twin turbo Supra motors).

With good research on places like Toymods you could do the engine swap for 15 grand and have a bit of play money left over.

Have a chat to ?UESTLOVE, he's in the process of doing one right now!

And if your a Sydney driver, make sure you hook up at our first meeting (see my signature below)

matt

Welcome.

If you want to mod the engine then check out Toymods Forum. Usually almost anything can be found on there.

I went the easy way with my IS200 - fitted a 1JZGTE VVTi with Getrag 6 speed.

All comes down to how much you want to spend?

Graham

Considering the fact that the 1G-FE is a pretty crap motor, with a 20 year old block, modding it will not get you far.

Look at all the really quick 200's and you have either RS200's, with the BEAMS motor's, modded, or an engine swap to a 1JZ, 2JZ usually (the twin turbo Supra motors).

With good research on places like Toymods you could do the engine swap for 15 grand and have a bit of play money left over.

Have a chat to ?UESTLOVE, he's in the process of doing one right now!

And if your a Sydney driver, make sure you hook up at our first meeting (see my signature below)

matt

Although I agree in principle with what you're saying, the 1G-FE CAN be modded if that's the route you want to take. Yes it was used back in the day in the old Toyota Crowns, but with a little tinkering (conrods, pistons and a bottom end), you can turbo/increase the compression on the 1G-FE without any probs.

Simon here in the UK has the only (known) 1G-FE TURBO (all HKS goodies including a FCON-PRO), and it's running like a dream (and quick....).

I thought about the V8 first because my son has a Soarer V8.

Nice motor. WOuld be even better as a manual.

But then I saw the VVTi for sale - what more could you ask for.

Still would like to do a V8 version one day - perhaps in a GS300.

Hey i just joined in and really happy that there are a few guys modding their is200/tezza in aus and gee i love this car now......... i own a is200 pretty much stock except the legana bodykit, i really want to get some more power in....

could someone please help with figures (rwkw, 0-100kph) of someone who uses t/c or s/c? what about nos?

i saw the link http://www.turbofast.com.au/lexus.html in the forum and wow its good....... i'm willing to spend AUD15k (less would be much better :lol: )what would be the best option....

thanks heaps guys

P.S. i'm in desperation to beat a 2003 celica :P (not that its the reason to mod my car)

If you are interested, there is a TTE S/C IS in the current edition of Hot 4s :o

If you're concerned with the warranty (obviously an engine swap will void it :P ) go the TTE SC. Since its Toyota, it should still be covered

Hi and welcome:

where about are you in AUS?

Lexus of BNE has fitted a TTE s/c in 2002 , they imported the kit from Germany thru internet..

the sales told me it would be ~ $10K AUD for the mod if done thru them,

At that stage, they told me that warranty will be void b/c it's an aftermarket kit. But they were going to confirm with LEXUS AUS about warranty issue.... then I didnt follow up.

SSML

If you're concerned with the warranty (obviously an engine swap will void it  :P ) go the TTE SC. Since its Toyota, it should still be covered

Hi and welcome:

where about are you in AUS?

Lexus of BNE has fitted a TTE s/c in 2002 , they imported the kit from Germany thru internet..

the sales told me it would be ~ $10K AUD for the mod if done thru them,

At that stage, they told me that warranty will be void b/c it's an aftermarket kit. But they were going to confirm with LEXUS AUS about warranty issue.... then I didnt follow up.

SSML

Unless the TTE Supercharger kit is fitted by Lexus, your warrenty would be void (on the engine)....

Hey thanks alot guys for the info..........i haven't been in for a while, surprised to see many infos :) i'm in sydney, and hmmm i can spend around $15k on the engine mod, so a good engine swap would be nice......

just wondring on what though...... btw anyone in sydney knows croydon performance? n anyone has performance figures?

Hey, My friend has an AVO Turbo kit for sale on Ebay. go to ebay.com.au, type in IS200 in search, should see it. Its starting at 4.5k no reserve, the kit pulled 158rwkw, if you want more info, email me (pm).

Croydon do good work, at a price and time!!! My friend, just got his 200sx back 3 days ago, Croydon had it for 9 (yesss!! NINEEE) months!!!!!

Croydon's okay, they do GTR700 right? Well some of it anyway.

I have a friend who is rather high profile in the car industry, you should meet him before you do ANYTHING! He'll be able to give you some quality insider info on who to use and what to do - where to get your front cut from etc etc.

PM me for details!

matt