Small Dvd Screens At The Back Of The 2 Seat Are Available For Installa

I am just wondering whether any of you have the 2 DVD screen installed at the back of the car? Because I recently saw a picture which has it (see attached file at the bottom or below the link) and I am assuming it is done aftermarket since I never heard that there is this option when I purchased the new car?

http://i44.tinypic.com/10z330k.jpg

Anyone has any idea to it and the price for it etc?

Also, recently, I've been trying to figure out a way to convert from rmvb, avi formats into the DVD (that I can burn which they cann VOB) so that I can play in the car.

What program that is recommended and what are the procedures? I've heard a bit about it but it sounds complicated.

For example.....an average movie for RMVB format is 500MB and can approx. fit 9 films in 1 DVD since it has 4.7GB size capacity. So how do you actually make into those DVD vob format??? Something like Winavi or DVD maker program but not sure how to assemble it before burning into an official DVD that can play in the car

I hope you know what I am saying here. That would make it useful for those who have DVD nav package because if you have AVI or RMVB files and convert to DVD, you can fit several movies\series ep in 1 DVD rather than 1 movie per DVD like in the original. The only difference is that picture and\or sound quality is not as super good but that doesn't really bother me because I am just after for pure entertainment when I get bored in the car or relax on the beachside etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

post-2801-1242568063_thumb.jpg

Hey,

Yeh, they look aftermarket for sure!! As for OZ, definately no oem version.

If you look at earlier posts, you will see that one of our members has done it. Cevu!!

He just bought the aftermarket headrests from ebay (Probably about the $200 mark approx for something a little decent, or spend that little bit more to get a decent quality setup!!

As for the video signal, you will need to hijack it from the rear of the unit which is not really a big deal as you can just piggy back off the plug. (Find cevu's post in regards to this for further detail or just let me know if you can't find it and I will re-post the info)!!!

As for the second question, sorry, I haven't considered it! If I were sitting in the car especially whilst it were stationary, I would want to appreciate the movie in its full glory! (Obviously I mean the audio track in full digital)! A movie goes for 90minutes and you have a 6 stack, 30 seconds to change a DVD ain't a long investment to achieve this I don't think!! Anyway "Lexus", only my opinion! I do understand the Vob compilation concept, and no doubt possible, but is it really worth it, hmmm????

Again, let me know if you need assistance with the seat rest screens!! ;)

I am just wondering whether any of you have the 2 DVD screen installed at the back of the car? Because I recently saw a picture which has it (see attached file at the bottom or below the link) and I am assuming it is done aftermarket since I never heard that there is this option when I purchased the new car?

http://i44.tinypic.com/10z330k.jpg

Anyone has any idea to it and the price for it etc?

Also, recently, I've been trying to figure out a way to convert from rmvb, avi formats into the DVD (that I can burn which they cann VOB) so that I can play in the car.

What program that is recommended and what are the procedures? I've heard a bit about it but it sounds complicated.

For example.....an average movie for RMVB format is 500MB and can approx. fit 9 films in 1 DVD since it has 4.7GB size capacity. So how do you actually make into those DVD vob format??? Something like Winavi or DVD maker program but not sure how to assemble it before burning into an official DVD that can play in the car

I hope you know what I am saying here. That would make it useful for those who have DVD nav package because if you have AVI or RMVB files and convert to DVD, you can fit several movies\series ep in 1 DVD rather than 1 movie per DVD like in the original. The only difference is that picture and\or sound quality is not as super good but that doesn't really bother me because I am just after for pure entertainment when I get bored in the car or relax on the beachside etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

When i enquired to have my DVD player modded to work when driving, the guy tried the upsell for the two rear headrest LCD's with 2 independed DVD players so each back passenger could watch independent shows. He quoted about $2000. Recommended it only if you had black leather though.

With regards to writing DVDs, I use a program made by Cucusoft called converter pro 7.07 (converts all video formats to dvd/vob/svcd etc) Comes in handy when I want to put a few divx movies on one disc and save them as .vob and write to the VIDEO_TS dir to play on drives that dont play divx.

I sure these disks would work on the lexus dvd player.