Moding Your Lex? My Recommened Brands

Hey all:

I had my Lexus IS300 since April 2002, its about time to mod it, i had enough with the boring stock look...when you mod a Lexus make sure to get something that is right for your Lexus, here are some of the few brands I would strongly recommened

If you have a Lexus IS300, GS300, LS400/430

L-Tuned (Lexus Aftermarket Modification) = BMW's Motorsport / Merc's AMG

ProLexPerformance (Performance parts for Lexus) = HKS, Greddy etc

L-Sportline (Aerodynamics and tuners) = BMW's Hanmann / Merc's Brabus / Carlsson / MTM you got my point

If you have a JDM Lexus

Toyota Racing Development (TRD) (Toyota Aftermarket Modification) = Nissan's Nismo / Mists Rallyart

Tom's (Modification for Toyota, basiclly anything) = MTM / Brabus etc....

Ugo (modifications for Toyota) = Tom's

If you have no confident on aftermarket products but you like to mod your car, these brands are the ones to go for...because these companies only does Toyota / Lexus so they know our vehicles best...

Links

www.lsportline.com

www.l-tunedparts.com

www.ltuned.com

www.prolexperformance.com

www.toms.com

www.trd.com

www.is300.net

Hope this helps with NZ lexus owners that want to mod there car the NON civic way...

Matt

ok, just to clarify a few myths about L-Tuned/L-sportline

these 2 brand names are used by TRD USA which is a private venture using the TRD name under license, Lexus USA have now dropped the L-Tuned/L-Sportline range due to hundreds of complaints about product fitment and colour match, and other product disatisfaction.

so, just a reminder really that L-Tuned and L- Sportline are NOT official lexus accesoires

this will be why your dealers dont know of the product line up

there springs are the same springs made by eibach....100%

ok, just to clarify a few myths about L-Tuned/L-sportline

these 2 brand names are used by TRD USA which is a private venture using the TRD name under license, Lexus USA have now dropped the L-Tuned/L-Sportline range due to hundreds of complaints about product fitment and colour match, and other product disatisfaction.

so, just a reminder really that L-Tuned and L- Sportline are NOT official lexus accesoires

this will be why your dealers dont know of the product line up

there springs are the same springs made by eibach....100%

TRD is the sports division of toyota, they sell them in US...

L-Tuned are official Lexus products and it has the same warranty period as your lexus in US

L-Sportline is not owned by Lexus and ocasionnaly they ahve minor / major problems.... but they have nothin to do with Lexus USA....

NZ / AUS dealers knows nothin about it because we do not have a big enough market to cope with these product, the only thing u can do is order them from US or get TRD at a shop where ppl have a starlet goes..

forgive me to correct moderater is just that i have been a member in is300.net for over a year and i go there everyday and i only know what lexus is like in US, and i know nothin about lex in Europe, hope you understand...

Matt

ok....im sure as you say you are also a member of is300.net, as am i and have been for several years.

and i also thought that TRD USA was the same as TRD Japan, but alas it isnt.

how do i know, well when i was at TTE a few weeks ago i was told exactly who is and who isnt part of Toyota corporationwith regards to accesoires.

TOMS, is also not part of the corporation even though TOMS stands for TOyota MotorsportS

you may not know, but i am often at TTE infact more than several times a year, i have very good friends and contacs there

i only type known facts..and im afraid TRDUSA is not part of the corporation.or even part of TRD at all

L-tuned/L-sportline have now been droped by Lexus USA

L-tuned was a product line of TRDUSA

ok....im sure as you say you are also a member of is300.net, as am i and have been for several years.

and i also thought that TRD USA was the same as TRD Japan, but alas it isnt.

how do i know, well when i was at TTE a few weeks ago i was told exactly who is and who isnt part of Toyota corporationwith regards to accesoires.

TOMS, is also not part of the corporation even though TOMS stands for TOyota MotorsportS

you may not know, but i am often at TTE infact more than several times a year, i have very good friends and contacs there

i only type known facts..and im afraid TRDUSA is not part of the corporation.or even part of TRD at all

L-tuned/L-sportline have now been droped by Lexus USA

L-tuned was a product line of TRDUSA

I wont be surprise if L-Tuned is a Product line of TRD USA, if you look at their products...L-Tuned Grille = TRD CB Grille L-Tuned kits = TRD kit in Jap, but L-Sportline has got nothing at all to do with Lexus USA, so how can lexus just "Drop it" I've heard of tons of complains about L-Sportline Grille but nothin much abotu L-Tuned Products.

Matt

yep i know where you can get one...but as that one is the only one in the world with mph/kmh marked its very very unique.....

again that was down to my buddies at TTE (NOT THAT IT MADE IT ANY CHEAPER)

ANYWAY OF TOPIC :D

How much did it cost ya?

Most of the L-Tuned stuff for the states is made within the USA as you know the USdm IS300 is slightly different to the other domestic market models, therefore the front and rear bumpers are made in the USA.

tell you what, rather me having to explain the facts over and over again, drop me a PM and iwill pass on the email addy of the Business development manager and Export sales manager at Toyota Team Europe, that will give you the oppertunity to ask him yourself.

l-sportline stuff was sold through some US dealers alongside L-Tuned.

Lexus USA has asked them to stop doing this.this is why Lexus USA has dropped them.as they were offered as an option

yep i know where you can get one...but as that one is the only one in the world with mph/kmh marked its very very unique.....

again that was down to my buddies at TTE (NOT THAT IT MADE IT ANY CHEAPER)

ANYWAY OF TOPIC :D

How much did it cost ya?

I C...thanks for letting me know...Yeah The US IS3 have longer bumper for so call "crash protection", the IS looks better with shorter bumpers as Altezzas are actually designed for them...BTW are there much JDM Lexuses over in UK and Europe?

Matt ;)

The UK market is flooded with grey imports anything from a r34 skyline to a miata.

europe obviously is not seeing much at all as they drive on the left, the UK on the right.

i can get hold of altezza's from japan including shipping from as little as £3000

but i can source any jap car that anyone wants