Sound System For Is200

Hi guys im looking to buy a IS200 for my first car and i was wonder what the dimensions on teh speakers are in the car and how many of each there are. Also if the boot has enough room to fit 2 12 inch subs in without taking up the hole boot. All information will be helpful. Thank You :)

• 1 month later...

Hi guys im looking to buy a IS200 for my first car and i was wonder what the dimensions on teh speakers are in the car and how many of each there are. Also if the boot has enough room to fit 2 12 inch subs in without taking up the hole boot. All information will be helpful. Thank You :)

ayyee,

my lexus is an IS200 yr 2000 model and its got 2 front round speakers placed at bottom right of passenger car door and the other is bottom left of drivers car door...tweeters are placed at the same height as the rear mirrors on both left and right., and 2 rear preffably 6x9 on the rear shelf so..about 4 speakers all together..the stock ones go pretty hard and clear but always good to get better stuff :D sorry dont know much about the dimensions though. should fit 2 12's no worries as long as you place one on the left and one on the right. or just find a good 12 inch sub that goes hard.. alpine 12 insh type R's are tops

• 1 month later...

ayyee,

my lexus is an IS200 yr 2000 model and its got 2 front round speakers placed at bottom right of passenger car door and the other is bottom left of drivers car door...tweeters are placed at the same height as the rear mirrors on both left and right., and 2 rear preffably 6x9 on the rear shelf so..about 4 speakers all together..the stock ones go pretty hard and clear but always good to get better stuff :D sorry dont know much about the dimensions though. should fit 2 12's no worries as long as you place one on the left and one on the right. or just find a good 12 inch sub that goes hard.. alpine 12 insh type R's are tops

i have a 1999 speakers from memory are 6 or 6.5" in the front, you will need to put risers on them as the stock ones have a plastic backing frame. a bit of mdf will solve this!

the backs are 6x9's - you can fit 6.5s with spacers as well if you want.

as for subs ive found the best was to go is a front firing 12" up close in the middle seat arm rest, i cut out the zip up flap to do this.

if you replace the head unit and the amp check to see if the is200 your getting has a separate amp (can be seen down the right hand side of the glove box opening.

• 3 months later...

Hey all...Ivve been looking every *BLEEP*ing where to get a wiring diagram for my 1999 Lexus IS200 Legana....I Have bought a new double din 7'' screen n have hooked it up...all i need is the speaker wire(FOR SOUNDDD!!)...Had a quick fiddle round thisafternoon but didnt get anywhere...If you could simply tell me or just head me in a right direction would b perfect. Thankss!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all...Ivve been looking every *BLEEP*ing where to get a wiring diagram for my 1999 Lexus IS200 Legana....I Have bought a new double din 7'' screen n have hooked it up...all i need is the speaker wire(FOR SOUNDDD!!)...Had a quick fiddle round thisafternoon but didnt get anywhere...If you could simply tell me or just head me in a right direction would b perfect. Thankss!!

make sure you dont have the head unit with the amp next to the glove box!

• 1 month later...

wiremap.jpg

p9870913.jpg

If you have a system with the super live system it will be a bit difficult, there are huge issues with that but as you have a 1999 model you might not have it, easiest way to check is to look at your front speakers, if they have a mesh grille with a chrome surround you have the PITA superlive system, if its a plastic cover then you should have a simple system.

As for 12" subs in the boot I have fitted two in with the amps located on the wall between the rear seats and the boot. Fits a treat and leaves plenty of room.

subs.jpg