I just purchased an 08 IS250, and was chatting with the dealer about the personalised settings.

The personalised settings are things such as lights off when car is locked, or after a 30second delay, windows opening when the unlock button on the remote is held down etc..

The sales person claims that this is only available on the 09 model, however he is going to check with his technicians to be doubly sure. I suspect that this is something they will not do if they are unsure about and/or for liability reasons.

In the meantime, has anyone else had their settings changed?

I have an '08 model as well and was asked by the sales person about these personalised settings.

It's actually in the manual I believe (I haven't read that thing in ages - don't quote me though)

There are little quirks regarding lighting and door locking as such...

Those features are available on all IS250s as far as I know. Unless there are some extra settings on the 09 that aren't on the 08.

For instance the remote window opening and closing is definately available on your 08, my car has it ('06), and so have the various service rentals I've had over the years, including '07 and '08 models.

A lot of settings are standard across all models, such as opening the windows/sunroof with the key, unlocking the drivers door or all doors at once.

There are some which you need to speak to your dealer about though, such as the sensitivity of the auto lights feature etc.

Thanks guys!

Picked up the car today, a fully optioned 08 Sports with 7000km on it... Pretty damn happy! I'm going to have a look at these settings and see if I can get some of them changed... One that I know I want done is the sunroof to tilt instead of slide when the windows are opened from the remote... Hope they don't charge me to do it!

These personalised options are available from '05 right through to today. They may have added some more to the 08 upgrade.

The Owners Manual states what you can and can't do with settings re. interior lighting, doors, windows, delay times etc. There is a factory default, and a personalised option/s with each of these. Just check your manual. As for changing these yourself, some can be done yourself - others you'll need to put a request into your dealer.