New Lexus Owner.

Bartek

Hello All,

I've been looking at this forum for quite a long while now as it was the source of information prior to my new vehicle purchase... and I bought it in late June - Lexus IS250 My09 Prestige Auto + EMV + MR, black, with stock 6-spoke rims. The modifications - well, close to none really as I'm trying to keep its' original look, not really into turbos/nitros/lowering/fake-xenon lights etc. I've only put the window tint on it, as per VIC road regulations - 35%, paint protection and interior protection (contact me for a good company details and good deals on those after-care products). Anything except for that? Yes will put the red-outs on tail lights as I'm not a great fan of the orange lights...

My choice for IS250 was simple - I knew the Lexus brand and service they offer through a few friends of mine around the globe. The IS250 is simply one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen and the amount of gadgets in it - awesome. I was looking at different cars, from the new VW Golf MKVI (the fully optioned TSI), to a 2-3 year old BMW 5 series or a fresh 3-coupe. After spending time with different dealers and reading all the reviews, it struck me - on Toorak Rd, almost every grandma/grandpa/P-plater/restaurant owner/EVERY PERSON has got a BMW or Mercedes. There aren't many Lexus cars, which is good but it wasn't the key factor really. The way the car drives, the quietness, the Mark Levinson audio configuration - it has all got me completely... not sure what else to write, it is the Lexus magic and approach to their customers... just... pure magic.

I'm 28, originally from Poland, my name is Bartek and this is my first Lexus.

This forum has allowed me to get to know the brand better and I'm happy to be here.

• 3 months later...

congrats on the car man

i picked up my 2007 IS250 Sports last week Wednesday

its a GREAT car, and i dont even have my P's yet, getting them in June, :D

i LOVE the Mark Levinson surround sound,

better than my friends system in his Integra (aftermarket stuff)

i really dont think i need to do anything to the car either, just needs a tint like yours, and some nice exhaust tips to fill in the gap at the rear bumper, maybe remove the resonator to give it a better sound up higher in the rev range aswell

might look into a HKS Hi Power exhaust later on tho!!

my family likes lexus, alot, LOL!

my dad has an graphite IS250, my cousin has a white IS250, my aunt has an LS460, my mum had a RX330, my uncle had a RX350, my other cousin has a GS460!

but most of them are in korea (my home country) but my cousin with the white IS250 lives in australia tho

• 3 months later...

I see Bartek wrote his posting over seven months ago, but I noticed something that warranted clarification, and I was wondering if anyone would know the answer for certain.

Bartek writes that he bought an IS250 Prestige with EMV and moonroof, and that he absolutely loves the Mark Levinson sound system.

Now, nothing I've read in any advertisement or car review would suggest that the 13-speaker system in the Prestige model is a Mark Levinson-designed sound system, nor can I find anything to suggest that the ML 14-speaker system is available as an option in the Prestige (even in series prior to the '09 upgrade). Can anyone tell me to the contrary? Are the speaker cones in the 13-speaker system also made using the same wafer-thin paper as those in the ML 14-speaker system, using water sourced from a 200-year-old spring also used to make premium sake?

Originally in the IS250 prestige if you optioned Sat Nav it also got ML Audio.

For IS250's from December 2008 production onwards that no longer applied.

Also from Dec '08 production, 17 inch wheels were introduced on the prestige IS250 replacing the 16's.

Originally in the IS250 prestige if you optioned Sat Nav it also got ML Audio.

For IS250's from December 2008 production onwards that no longer applied.

Ah, that rings a bell now. Thanks!