Any Rx330/350 Owners In Wa On This Forum - Need Your Help

First up - Happy New Year.

Just wanting to see if there are any RX330 or RX350 Lexus Owners on this forum. If there is, I am wanting to see if they are able to assist me. We are intending to purchase an RX330 (most likely) by the end of the year and as we have a sloped drive way, we are unsure whether or not the RX will go into the garage without too much of an issue. The RX will fit in the garage without a problem, but it's more getting in from the slope that's the issue we are looking at.

Is there a WA owner who might be able to assist me on this "test"? I will contact a dealer as well during the week, to see whether I can borrow a car for an hour or so, but won't have a response until next week. I live in Willagee (next door to Melville) - cnr Stock and Leach Hwy for bearings. Please PM me or give me a call on 0407 380 658.

Thanks.

G'day Will

The RX has pretty good ground clearance and approach & departure angles. If your existing ES can get into the garage then I'm sure the RX will have no problem at all.

Thanks Poisson, still would like to test though. Of course if it has too narrow an approach, then that may just be the trigger I need for air suspension LOL :P

Will, did you have any joy with the dealer? If not I could probably make the trek to Willagee on the weekend.

Thanks Poisson, glad to know that you are able to help. I did manage to get hold of the dealer who allowed us to take out a RX330 for about 1.5 hours. The car fitted the garage and I have now found out that to use the tail gate in the garage, I would have to reverse it in. To give an indication of the height, the rear wiper on the tail gate is about 2-3 inches from the ceiling of the garage. The car is able to get in there quite easily. I believe you have a RX350, which from what I have read is slightly taller than than the 330?

I have now driven both a 330 and 350, and the 350 I have to admit is perkier than the 330 in throttle response. The gear changes feel smooth, and better than my ES300. I also do love the screen of the 350 as it is much much clearer. Alas the budget is probably not going to stretch that far for a 350. We will be aiming to buy a 330 at the end of the year and sell of the ES300. Don't you love compromises :D