Bad Idle And Knocking In Throttle Body

Just put in a 2nd hand throttle body as i was getting bad idle and a knocking sound from the TB, problem was the throttle position sensor inlet pipe was broken when the 2nd hand TB arrived so i had to put the old throttle position sensor in, im having the same problems as before !!!!

Here's a vid of the idleing and a vid of the knocking sound from the TB any idea's wold be welcome

idle vid

TB knocking vid

I'd try get a credit on the 2nd hand TB & look at getting a new TPS. xnickx on tezzaworld should be able to get you a price for a genuine one. If that doesn't fix the idle as well then I'd be looking at the EFI water temp sensor (89422-35010). I know on Nissans when they fail they cause the idle to hunt like yours.

I'd try get a credit on the 2 hand TB & look at getting a new TPS. xnickx on tezzaworld should be able to get you a price for a genuine one. If that doesn't fix the idle as well then I'd be looking at the EFI water temp sensor (89422-35010). I know on Nissans when they fail they cause the idle to hunt like yours.

Water temp is fine im sure its a throttle problem, even when i press the peddle and let up there is a noise that sounds like air escaping,

Problem is there arent tezza experts in dublin most mechanics aint seeing a tezza !!

Get a new TPS, it should fix your problem. Don't muck around with nasty 2nd hand parts.

If you can hear air escaping then check all you vacuum lines & PCV. Yours is turbo isn't it? Check all your inter-cooler piping joins as well then.

When the EFI temp sensor fails it won't effect your temp gauge in the car just the signal its sending to the ECU. Most cars have a separate sender for the gauge as well. It's pretty uncommon for them to fail on Altezza's but anythings possible.

• 1 month later...

Just put in a 2nd hand throttle body as i was getting bad idle and a knocking sound from the TB, problem was the throttle position sensor inlet pipe was broken when the 2nd hand TB arrived so i had to put the old throttle position sensor in, im having the same problems as before !!!!

Here's a vid of the idleing and a vid of the knocking sound from the TB any idea's wold be welcome

idle vid

TB knocking vid

Listening to the 2nd clip, obviously one or two of the cylinders are not firing or miss firing! (hence low idle and knocking), are the spark plug and ignition coils all good?

• 6 months later...

idle vid

TB knocking vid

Listening to the 2nd clip, obviously one or two of the cylinders are not firing or miss firing! (hence low idle and knocking), are the spark plug and ignition coils all good?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...