Gps And Rear Tv For Prestige..what Do You Think?

hey i am from New Zealand and i have just ordered a flyaudio system from Sydney for $2159AU

so i hope i get it by the end of the week and install it myself over the weekend...i can't wait!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey i am from New Zealand and i have just ordered a flyaudio system from Sydney for $2159AU

so i hope i get it by the end of the week and install it myself over the weekend...i can't wait!!

That worked out so expensive!! why ?? did you get it through fly?

i guess in the States its about $1999 so i guess getting it from AU for $2159 is not a bad deal.. i have not got it yet so hopefully it will come this monday since i have started preparing my car for the installation, i have done the reverse camera wiring to the boot.. and have taken out the air vents ( the hardest part so far )

i guess in the States its about $1999 so i guess getting it from AU for $2159 is not a bad deal.. i have not got it yet so hopefully it will come this monday since i have started preparing my car for the installation, i have done the reverse camera wiring to the boot.. and have taken out the air vents ( the hardest part so far )

Mine is $1380 shipped to sydney.

my tracking number says i will probably get it tommorrow.

i guess who needs a local distributor when u can get it faster and cheaper direct from Factory.... good luck with the installation when u get it..

and i hope i get mine tomorrow too... or i will have to make some angry phone calls

i got my Navigation today i couldn't wait to get home to install it.. once home i went straight into it .. wired everything up and gave it a test.. I LOVE IT!!!! and i haven't even finished it yet..

no faults at all.. just needs a little tweaking and to wire up the Reversing switch ( cable not included so i recommend buying about 4-5meter 12v wire ) or esle you'll end up like me having to wait for the next day..LOL

so it will be done TOMORROW!!!

i got my Navigation today i couldn't wait to get home to install it.. once home i went straight into it .. wired everything up and gave it a test.. I LOVE IT!!!! and i haven't even finished it yet..

no faults at all.. just needs a little tweaking and to wire up the Reversing switch ( cable not included so i recommend buying about 4-5meter 12v wire ) or esle you'll end up like me having to wait for the next day..LOL

lol mine came with cable all done 700 bucks cheaper too lol. nice unit.

lol mine came with cable all done 700 bucks cheaper too lol. nice unit.

just have to rub it in dont ya chris lol

Finally got it all done!! nice n easy .. lucky i didn't waste any more money to get someone else to do it for me

Spent enough on it all ready...

but again its worth the money ( at least for the amount i spent .. lol )

its better if u could get it cheap like chris :P

F3nix does your auto recycle / fresh air vent keep switching off auto when you switch car on and off.

Little annoying. Hope its a software issue that can be updated.

i don't have any problem with the air vents....

these are the only problem i have:

bluetooth - no speed dial or directory/phonebook

IPOD - no playlist, no video playback ....

i hope they update this very soon

every thing elses works perfectly well , we are quite lucky we don't have the same problems the US market has got, but they have fixed it now

F3nix does your auto recycle / fresh air vent keep switching off auto when you switch car on and off.

Chris, how's the navigation with the AU maps like?

Chris, how's the navigation with the AU maps like?

Jom, to be honest i havent had much time with it yet. ive been in my work car too much lately and had no time with the lexus.

i will keep you posted but im pretty sure you can run like tom tom on it as well.

its a great aftermarket option and a worth while expense.

I agree and good on you for fitting it yourself. It looks great.

I'd love to go with you to a Lexus dealer and get your car valued as a trade in and see if they picked it as aftermarket. Some would mistake it for factory.

Any non-lexus dealer would definitely make that mistake.

Have you got the rev camera as well?

its a great aftermarket option and a worth while expense.

I agree and good on you for fitting it yourself. It looks great.

I'd love to go with you to a Lexus dealer and get your car valued as a trade in and see if they picked it as aftermarket. Some would mistake it for factory.

Any non-lexus dealer would definitely make that mistake.

Have you got the rev camera as well?

i did but but i only tempory installed it cos i wanna get a smaller one.

The one they sent is quite big and ugly and i didnt want to wreck anything mounting it when

im not even gonna keep it. So its not in use at the moment

Chris, Where did you mount the GPS receiver and are the radio frequencies spot on the actual station etc?

I had thought about getting the VAIS unit but it's almost half the price of the fly audio considering it also has Ipod connectivity and USB maybe?

My car is off the road at the moment due to a light prang from another car. After the repairs hopefully I can start kicking off this project again.

Chris, Where did you mount the GPS receiver and are the radio frequencies spot on the actual station etc?

I had thought about getting the VAIS unit but it's almost half the price of the fly audio considering it also has Ipod connectivity and USB maybe?

My car is off the road at the moment due to a light prang from another car. After the repairs hopefully I can start kicking off this project again.

Jom, Fly has ipod, rca out, usb your standard 6 stacker, dvd, 3.5mm audio jack. ummm. it has it all.

The gps i plan to permanently mount on rear parcel shelf. it works fine i just have to run the cable in a more permanent solution.

I also downloaded tom tom navigation. much more preferable then the one that came with it. ive saved the link let me know if you want it.

radio stations are perfect. no dramas and perfect tuning.

To be honest, i look at it too perfectionistly (like everything i look at). . . if thats even a word unsure.gif . the smallest thing that goes wrong really really annoys me. the only thing that has gone wrong / annoys me is my auto fresh/recycle switch changes every time i start the car. and i can not adjust the auto sensitivity so make sure its on the right setting before you install your machine.

honestly apart from that the unit is freaking awesome for the price. and there was ALOT of indecisiveness on my behalf in making the decision to send the money OS. but was honestly worth it. but take note. i have never used a lexus OEM version so i cant compare but i can say fly is awesome.