hey guys

i'll be purchasing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Lexus-IS250-IS350-Tail-Light-Red-Out-Vinyl_W0QQitemZ310207235598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4839cac60e

in like 4-5 days, after the money goes into my paypal

and then i gotta wait for it to get shipped and also for my car to get back

it says instructions are given with em, but i'd like to know how to put em on before, cuz my friends buying for me and he'll probs chuck out the papers that come with it, lol

i'll keep these on for a bit, then get my tail lights painted later on

thanks!

:D

hey guys

i'll be purchasing http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2006-Lexus-IS250-IS350-Tail-Light-Red-Out-Vinyl_W0QQitemZ310207235598QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4839cac60e

it says instructions are given with em, but i'd like to know how to put em on before, cuz my friends buying for me and he'll probs chuck out the papers that come with it, lol

thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't redouts illegal in Sydney?

hey guys

i'll be purchasing http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item4839cac60e

thanks!

Basically behind the light under the carpet is three 10mm nuts that you undo and then with a little persuation you un clip the tail light from the car.

unplug. plug new tail lights in and clip back on re bolt and replace carpet.

FrankyX got his out without carpet unclipping i believe. just by taking the globe replacement hatch off.

Your indicator lights are amber though right Chris?

I think the problem with redouts is that the indicator lights are no longer amber - again not 100% sure so correct me if I'm wrong.

This is true you need to have "orange/amber" when blinking. im not sure how much amber the red outs emit when blinking. id image more red then orange.

if this is true it not only is illegal but looks like a cheap supercheap auto mod.

red blinkers on a lexus?. . . . na not stylish at all.

if orange it will look awesome.

IMO

if its illegal, i'll just get em blacked out at a local store

shouldnt be that much, i'll get it all blacked out except the white reverse light

oh and bought/will buy, the vinyl red outs

not the actual light itself

ive seen lots of cars on CL with em and anything other than the amber is good for me

and if i do get pulled over, i'll just take the vinyl off, lol

i found this video

it blinks kinda red

but i'll just take the chance and put em on

if cops pull me over, its my fault, and i'll just take the vinyl off in front of em

i quite like em, i guess its personal taste

i'd much rather get IS-F tail lights, but im saving for a HKS Hi Power exhaust

and this is just a cheap mod, its like $12 so if i dont like em, i can just peel em off anyway

takes like 5 mins to put em on as well

heres a comparison of IS-F tail lights to the red outs

33ucvti.jpg

just noticed, damn that roof spoiler is nice,

my future mods:

OEM lip spoiler

JUN roof spoiler

black window visors

all this before the end of this year, then more in 2011, im gonna keep the car for a while, so i dont want everything at once, plus i cant afford all of it at once anyway, lol

and do u guys know how to take off the badges??

i wanna take off the LEXUS and IS250 on the back

but keep the emblems

thanks

So red outs are a vinal that go on out side of tail light?? Thats a little bodgy.

I thought they were complete tail light replacement with red lense.

Is this right.

They look good but if it red blinker, i wouldnt do it. Go isF or all clear.

yep

its just vinyl that covers the ugly orange part

i just bought it to try, since everyone on CL seems to be on about them, they say its great for a cheap way to get rid of the amber

and to me the amber part of the light is really weird/ugly and makes the car look bad

i'll try em on, if its bad, i'll just take em off, like i said, its $12 so no biggie if it looks bad/flashes red

yep

its just vinyl that covers the ugly orange part

i just bought it to try, since everyone on CL seems to be on about them, they say its great for a cheap way to get rid of the amber

and to me the amber part of the light is really weird/ugly and makes the car look bad

i'll try em on, if its bad, i'll just take em off, like i said, its $12 so no biggie if it looks bad/flashes red

each to thier own lol.

ppl never liked my clear lights but everyone that has seen them in the flesh love them. quite often photos dont do things justice lol.

thats what meets are for. meets also make you spend more money on mods lol.

i actually quite like ur lights

at first i didnt tho, but after seeing them a few times, they seem real nice with the LED's and all, nice choice man!

cant wait to see it when i go to a meet after i get my P's (oh and does anyone know the weather for last year november, december, this year jan, feb, march??) just need to know wat days it was raining cuz i just noticed i forgot the weather in my log book!!! doh....

and can i get HID's for my fog lights??

ur pic of ur car looks SICK with the foglights on, i'd like to do that aswell, can u give me some info on where u got em, and how u installed em??

Thanks

at first i didnt tho, but after seeing them a few times, they seem real nice with the LED's and all, nice choice man!

cant wait to see it when i go to a meet after i get my P's (oh and does anyone know the weather for last year november, december, this year jan, feb, march??) just need to know wat days it was raining cuz i just noticed i forgot the weather in my log book!!! doh....

ur pic of ur car looks SICK with the foglights on, i'd like to do that aswell, can u give me some info on where u got em, and how u installed em??

Thanks

hids for fogs arent really feasible for fog. although i imagine they would give good light apart from blinding every one. cevu has drivin with HID fogs. he can elaborate more

mine are HID look-a-likes as i wasnt interested in using them for driving at night with but still look hot and NOT "yellow". each globe isnt really a globe its a fake globe covered in SMD LEDs They are HOT!! quite simple really to install. turn your steering to full lock and take out a few clips in the wheel arch and then dont be shy pry your way in taking the wheel arch plastic apart from the front bumper.

P9160068.jpg

P9160067.jpg

You can get from ebay but you dont know what your getting cos there is 5 dollar sets to 90 dollar sets and you dont know if your paying heaps for a 5 dollar set etc.. i went to auto joy at parra. 30 dollars each and wish i did it first instead of halogens first.

more picks on my facebook.

alright, nice, thanks man

i'll go to a auto store one day, when i get my car back

i like tha blue look of urs

add me on facebook, search Lehman Park, shoudl come up, DP is a greenish picture

lol, have any of u guys on the forum bought from Sewell Lexus???

im looking at the oem lip spoiler ($166.80 with my club lexus account) and its painted as well

and i can easily(?) install it myself with 3M double sided tape (like FrankyX did, but he had the F one)

im looking at the oem lip spoiler ($166.80 with my club lexus account) and its painted as well

and i can easily(?) install it myself with 3M double sided tape (like FrankyX did, but he had the F one)

LOL cheap it is

but not after shipping lol

expect around 700 per piece to your door (cheapest)

So red outs are a vinal that go on out side of tail light?? Thats a little bodgy.

I thought they were complete tail light replacement with red lense.

Is this right.

They look good but if it red blinker, i wouldnt do it. Go isF or all clear.

hahhha of course u would say all clear! thats what u got! lol :-)

I bought my F-Sport exhaust, intake and OEM spoiler from Sewell.

They ship through FedEx if you order from their site, but they can ship through the US post if you email them.

I saved the hassle and had them ship through FedEx (got the items within the week). IIRC, I bought the intake and spoiler at the same time and the total was about $800 (for both items and shipping).

Definitely recommend Sewell for OEM parts though.

Thanks

hids for fogs arent really feasible for fog. although i imagine they would give good light apart from blinding every one. cevu has drivin with HID fogs. he can elaborate more

mine are HID look-a-likes as i wasnt interested in using them for driving at night with but still look hot and NOT "yellow". each globe isnt really a globe its a fake globe covered in SMD LEDs They are HOT!! quite simple really to install. turn your steering to full lock and take out a few clips in the wheel arch and then dont be shy pry your way in taking the wheel arch plastic apart from the front bumper.

P9160068.jpg

P9160067.jpg

You can get from ebay but you dont know what your getting cos there is 5 dollar sets to 90 dollar sets and you dont know if your paying heaps for a 5 dollar set etc.. i went to auto joy at parra. 30 dollars each and wish i did it first instead of halogens first.

more picks on my facebook.

i had these before in blue. they look really good. useless for providing any useful light but they look really good though and thats why i got them in the first place.

have since changed to an actual hid kit but again, its purely for cosmetic purposes only!

i just checked the shipping, its $120, T.T

so its $US280 together, so not getting it, :D

plus i dont even have my car back yet, and i wanna do red outs first, and the fogs, might do that hole in the air box thing, and resonator delete

update:

not getting the red outs, more i researched, the blink red and it actually looks really bad when its blinking, but mad when its not, lol

but i'll just keep the money and get some IS-F lights

hahhha of course u would say all clear! thats what u got! lol :-)

LOL i have mixed opinions about the clear aswell. but look awesome at night.

i just checked the shipping, its $120, T.T

so its $US280 together, so not getting it, :D

plus i dont even have my car back yet, and i wanna do red outs first, and the fogs, might do that hole in the air box thing, and resonator delete

update:

not getting the red outs, more i researched, the blink red and it actually looks really bad when its blinking, but mad when its not, lol

but i'll just keep the money and get some IS-F lights

NICE .... lol :D

• 1 month later...

installing the red outs next weekend

im meeting up with friends on the 20th for the Russell Peters concert, and his bringing the red outs with him, so i'll have that installed soon

will update with pics and a vid of the blinking