Wheels, What Are These?

They are not a factory rim for an IS200, there were three rim types offered, a 16" rim with 6 big fat spokes, only on the lower end early models, the standard 17" 5 spoke design, and the 17" 11 spoke design for IS300s and special edition IS200s.

I have looked through a heap of old lexus wheel images and can't find them anywhere, i'm guessing they are just some generic after market rims that the owner got lexus center caps made up for.

They are not a factory rim for an IS200, there were three rim types offered, a 16" rim with 6 big fat spokes, only on the lower end early models, the standard 17" 5 spoke design, and the 17" 11 spoke design for IS300s and special edition IS200s.

JTMILLER,

You've missed the "update" 16 inch wheel on later Sport IS200's.

2090_200.jpg

Buggo,

To answer your question the wheels pictured are a Lexus Australia accessory wheel. They were never standard from Japan but are a Genuine Lexus wheel Made for Lexus by OZ Italy and weren't cheap. They are an upgrade wheel pakage over the OEM 17 & 16 inch wheel.

They are mentioned in this article from 1999 when Lexus launched their accessory range.

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_51463/title_Lexus-Launches-Largest-Ever-Accessory-Range/newsarticle.html

Hope this helps

My apologies, most of the stuff i know comes from the JDM and USDM. I had a quick look on carpoint for that year and didnt see any others with those rims so i assumed it wasnt a special ed.

JTMILLER,

You've missed the "update" 16 inch wheel on later Sport IS200's.

2090_200.jpg

Never seen any of those around, for a tiny tiny pic they dont look too bad when compared to the early 16"s or the 250's 16"s *shudder*

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...