Got The Car Back, Sensors Dont Work Tho...

yooo

well i got my car back last week or 2 weeks ago, cant remeber

they did a great job, the paint matches, and it looks really well done

but the thing is, the sensors (rear and front) arent beeping anymore... -_-

they come up on the screen, with yellow and red, but i cant hear the actual sound

i should call my insurance company and get em to fix it right? or wat should i do??

its not such a big deal, cuz i dont use em that much anyway, but i want em to fix it

also, there is a white kinda powder around the sensors and the black thing u press to lock the car

i'll take some pics later and post em

thanks for any help

The powder is either the cutting compound or polish, get a soft brush or a thin rag and you should be able to clean it yourself.

The sensors not beeping however is probably because some setting has reset itself. It happened to me when I sent my car in to get my front slip and bumper re-sprayed. The smash repairer just sent the car to Lexus to get everything reset and it worked fine.

they told us they did send it to lexus to get the computers reset cuz only lexus can do that apparently

but it still isnt working

Ring your insurance company and tell them about your issue. Tell them you want to take it to Lexus as the smash repairers couldn't get the sensors working.

They'll probably give you a claim number so a Lexus dealer and just charge your insurance company for the work done.

Ring your insurance company and tell them about your issue. Tell them you want to take it to Lexus as the smash repairers couldn't get the sensors working.

They'll probably give you a claim number so a Lexus dealer and just charge your insurance company for the work done.

You can just use the same claim number.

However I would ring your dealer and explain the problem, depending on the dealer they will probably tell you to bring the car around and have a look at it for you. Unless something is damaged it's unlikely they will charge you to have a look at it and reset it or something. And if something is broken or they can't fix it for free then contact your insurer.

yeh, im gonna call chatswood, cuz they were meant to also fix my front bumper (the part under the passanger headlight doesnt fit perfect)

so there gonna fix that, and i'll tell me about my issue with the sensors aswell while im there

yeh, thats the first thing i did

but no luck :(

im gonna get this fixed sooner or later. hopefully sooner, lol

also, can someone plz tell me how to program speed camera locations into my nav??

help is much appreciated

ahhh

i'll look into doing that later on

do the RTA put up fake speed camera signs?? (like the ones saying Speed Cameras Used in this Area 24/7 blah blah blah)

cause, i was with friends in Rose Bay, and theres his massive hill there with one of those signs

we saw a Nissan GTR R35, and wanted a closer look, so caught up with it, and down the hill it just took off, he must have gone at least 150+

didnt wanna chase it cuz

1. no chance anyway, with us in a SL350

2. not safe

3. thought there was a speed camera

we kept to the limit, and i was tryna look out for cameras, but couldnt see any, maybe cuz it was night?

but then again, the GTR went way over the limit, and i didnt see a flash