Just a tip, at 20,000 kms, i noticed mine was getting some external noise coming through the cabin, took me ages to work it out, especially when i was travelling at speed id be hearing external noise bursts...

Spoke to a Lexus service Tech and was advised that door trim rubbers can dry out, he suggesting lubricating ( preferably with a silican sprayed onto a cloth ) rubbed around all door trims...

Tried it and he was 100000000% right !!! Now no noise... Give it a go, silican spray is like $ 5. and doesnt leave a greasy mess..Nice

• 1 month later...

Just a tip, at 20,000 kms, i noticed mine was getting some external noise coming through the cabin, took me ages to work it out, especially when i was travelling at speed id be hearing external noise bursts...

Spoke to a Lexus service Tech and was advised that door trim rubbers can dry out, he suggesting lubricating ( preferably with a silican sprayed onto a cloth ) rubbed around all door trims...

Tried it and he was 100000000% right !!! Now no noise... Give it a go, silican spray is like $ 5. and doesnt leave a greasy mess..Nice

Hi there, can you share what a silicon spray is like? can we get these from bunnings or auto one?

Thanks!

sam

nice to know

do any of you guys know how to fix the sunroof rattle noise??

i get it only over uneven roads, but its not all the time either, just some roads i get it, some i dont

but its really annoying, lol

i heard theres a way to fix it but cant find the topic again, any help is much appreciated!

nice to know

i get it only over uneven roads, but its not all the time either, just some roads i get it, some i dont

i heard theres a way to fix it but cant find the topic again, any help is much appreciated!

Try the search feature k2sty1. You will be suprised how easy past topics are to find.

Here is the sunroof topic as requested.

http://au.lexusowner...h=1entry17124

oh thanks man

i tried serach but it didnt come up

and there were like 20 pages...

lol

thanks for that

sorry for posting again

nice to know

Sometimes you find it's the rubber seals around the moon roof.

I had the same problem and it took me ages to find with the help of the US guys.

When dirt gets in them they will also make rattle type sound. I thought it was crazy at first but clean the rubber seals around the moon roof glass with water. It worked for me.

It's cheap and it's free :)