Daytime Lights?

I've read that in the US the inner headlights on the IS are always on, even in the daytime - thus called daytime driving lights.

How come they dont have this in Aus? How about in NZ? Do those inner lights serve any purpose at all (like in high beam)?

Stupid question, but one that has me preoccupied :huh::ph34r:

I've read that in the US the inner headlights on the IS are always on, even in the daytime - thus called daytime driving lights.

How come they dont have this in Aus? How about in NZ? Do those inner lights serve any purpose at all (like in high beam)?

Stupid question, but one that has me preoccupied :huh::ph34r:

Yo:

Cant waste anymore time on this, got exams 2moro, anyway why do we even need daytime runnin light? Fog lights are all we need, in fact alot of ppl in US disconnect the daytime runnign light connection, but i have no idea about the reason why they have and we don't, i might ask my dealer next week when i go in for my need A/c cover....BTW today i got my car back, they tighten my handbrake (ALL GOOD NOW) and the machine my rotors and new brake pads because the *BLEEP*IN brake is squeakin......so yeah....is there gonna be a meet this weekend, if so, I M FREE!!!!!! NO EXAMS

:D :D :D

I am not exactly sure the US spec headlight combinations, but all I know is that IS300 has factory HID for low beam but IS200 has no HID.

I assume Day light driving light would be for safety reason b/c a lot of USA states do snow during winter time. and in fact if u observe carefully, a lot of older model volvos e.g. 240,244,even some early 740s have their "parking lights" and rear lights switched on by default as soon as the ignition was turned on. The reason: so other road-users can see u better esp in bad weather conditions.(lots of bad weather conditions in Europe)

When I attended an advance driving course last year. The instructor recommended us to have our headlights switched on "ALL the time" even in a good whether day. This is because human eyes have "prepheral vision" which can sense anything with a bigger contrast. So if u have ur headlight on people can know that u are there even without see u with thier direct vision, they can see u just with corners of thier eyes. He also says all Telstra fleet cars (in AUS)have their headlights set to be switched on all the time (u cant turn off) for this safety reason. Next time when u are driving along highway, u will find those cars/bikes with lights on will be easier to be registered in ur vision than those without lights on.

Another interesting issue is that the foglights use in Queensland AUS ( I m not sure about other states in AUS). by law,we are not allow to have our fog lights switched on unless it's raining, fogging or other bad visibility situations. One of my friends has been booked for using fog lights in a clear night. what the f***!!?

I am not exactly sure the US spec headlight combinations, but all I know is that IS300 has factory HID for low beam but IS200 has no HID.

I assume Day light driving light would be for safety reason b/c a lot of USA states do snow during winter time. and in fact if u observe carefully, a lot of older model volvos e.g. 240,244,even some early 740s have their "parking lights" and rear lights switched on by default as soon as the ignition was turned on. The reason: so other road-users can see u better esp in bad weather conditions.(lots of bad weather conditions in Europe)

When I attended an advance driving course last year. The instructor recommended us to have our headlights switched on "ALL the time" even in a good whether day. This is because human eyes have "prepheral vision" which can sense anything with a bigger contrast. So if u have ur headlight on people can know that u are there even without see u with thier direct vision, they can see u just with corners of thier eyes. He also says all Telstra fleet cars (in AUS)have their headlights set to be switched on all the time (u cant turn off) for this safety reason. Next time when u are driving along highway, u will find those cars/bikes with lights on will be easier to be registered in ur vision than those without lights on.

Another interesting issue is that the foglights use in Queensland AUS ( I m not sure about other states in AUS). by law,we are not allow to have our fog lights switched on unless it's raining, fogging or other bad visibility situations. One of my friends has been booked for using fog lights in a clear night. what the f***!!?

Just one thing i have to correct....IS200 2002 MY onwards (except GB) have standard HID headlights...

Matt

• 1 year later...