Is200 Induction Kit

hi everyone, my name is Dan i am new to the forum.I own a lexus is200 luxury sports edition. i am interested in putting a pod filter induction kit on my car but havent been able to find any suppliers in australia who makes a pod filter induction kit specifically for the is200 i was interested in finding out if anyone new of a place, website, or even if anyone was selling a pod filter induction kit for the is200. if you have pointers on how to possibly even make one that would b sweet to.

cheers

hi everyone, my name is Dan i am new to the forum.I own a lexus is200 luxury sports edition. i am interested in putting a pod filter induction kit on my car but havent been able to find any suppliers in australia who makes a pod filter induction kit specifically for the is200 i was interested in finding out if anyone new of a place, website, or even if anyone was selling a pod filter induction kit for the is200. if you have pointers on how to possibly even make one that would b sweet to.

cheers

well there is prolex but they are in the uk

http://www.prolex-uk.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=334

Hi Dan,

Your best bet would look online on eBay etc for a 2nd hand Trust intake kit, Powertec or the Prolex kit. They seem to be the only manufacturers of induction kits for the 6 cyl IS200 (1G-FE). All the other kits available are for the 4 cyl Altezza (3S-GE).

Alternatively you can put together a kit by buying the various pieces yourself like I did:

2x 3" aluminium pipe

1x 3" 135 degree silicone bend

1x 3" to 2.5" 90 degree silicone reducer bend

1x pod filter with 3" inlet

5x hose clamps

I bought the parts from SuperCheapAuto and AutoExcel. All up it cost me around $220. The silicone bends are the most expensive bits. You'd save alota money if you sourced them from other places.

I'll try to post up a pic soon

Jung

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Jung thats pretty much what i was thinking about doing, getting all the pieces and doing my own custom job on it, i was just wondering what you do with the air sensor in the front of the stock air box tho did u jus connect it to the alloy pipe some how??????

YES pics would be muchly appreciated mate i am lookin for as much help as possible

cheers

Hey man,

What you can do with the temp sensor is:

-drill a hole in the silicon elbow that connects to the manifold

-plug in a barbed connector

-hook up ~10mm hose to connector

-hook up sensor to the ~10mm hose

OR

-hook up the temp sensor directly to the silicon elbow (but might not seal properly).

Alternatively you can run the can without the temp sensor. I did and it didn't really make a difference. You can just leave the temp sensor dangling in the engine bay since the under bonnet temp will be the same as the air getting sucked in through the intake.

Just warning you in advance, after I installed the intake kit + pod filter it practically made NO difference in noise or performance. It made a slight hiss whenever I blipped the throttle between gear changes but apart from that, there was no 'growl' or induction roar.

Just letting you know so you don't waste $250 to end up disappointed haha