You will NOT lose all steering when fuse is blown, just all power assisted functionality will be gone. Not implying this is your issue, but worth a check.

Your owner manual have all the location of the fuse boxes listed, I am not sure if your year/model is similar to mine, mine are near the battery under the bonnet and according to the manual, another 2 smaller box on each side of the dash, near the driver and passenger door. If you can't figure this out or don't have the manual, you should take it to Lexus or your mechanic to check this out, rather than fiddle this yourself.

Firstly. What fuse are you tlking about.

Secondly There are no fluids. (electronic steering)

Thirdly. If you loose power (ie blown fuse) the steering electronically locks.

Imo

I haven't read the manual, but that doesn't sound right Chris. I seriously doubt the steering would automatically lock if the power steering system failed. That would be a serious safety hazard. Imagine going 100 km/h on the freeway and the power steering fuse blows. I think, like with most power steering systems, you'll lose the power assistance, but steering will most certainly still work!

I haven't read the manual, but that doesn't sound right Chris. I seriously doubt the steering would automatically lock if the power steering system failed. That would be a serious safety hazard. Imagine going 100 km/h on the freeway and the power steering fuse blows. I think, like with most power steering systems, you'll lose the power assistance, but steering will most certainly still work!

Maybe. But it would be a one in a million chance that you would loose voltage to the system anyway lol.

It would be serious if you had issues anyway. Also i know anything can happen, but seriously dont think the power steer would fail unless you had been playing with cables.

Things this important arn't meant to fail. And made not to fail.

But!! I think it was cevu long time ago. His steering failed and locked around a corner.

It could just be flat front tyres. Btw

like general fluids

jeeeez u know what i mean

plus even though it is a electrical component

there are still some fluids in it to keep the gears working and such

thats the fluid levels im talking about if any one needs further explination

I think enuff Internet mechanic advices. Pande, you should take it to a dealer and have it check.

Fuses, motor or fluids, whatever it is, share with us when it is fix.

Cheers.

I think enuff Internet mechanic advices. Pande, you should take it to a dealer and have it check.

Fuses, motor or fluids, whatever it is, share with us when it is fix.

Cheers.

hm.. might be a costly exercise.

hes out of warranty as well

see if lexus will fix it under their good will

offtopic

but

That would be a serious safety hazard.

That reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn0B2lpzSlc

possibly caused by aftermarket HIDs

http://www.clublexus...eering-out.html

WHAT THE FARK? Never seen anything like this.

check all fluid levels first

What fluids related to steering do you mean?

Side mirror fluid perhaps ilv?

Halogen fluid of course! ;)

j/k