Reverse Warning Beep

Had a quick search on the forum and couldn't find anything on this.

In my IS, when i engage reverse, an infernal beeping emits from somewhere, and suddenly i feel like i am driving a truck. :blink:

Does anyone know if there is any easy fix to get rid of this? I'm growing tired of the 'truck driving' comments from some of my car buddies... <_<

matt

In my IS, when i engage reverse, an infernal beeping emits from somewhere, and suddenly i feel like i am driving a truck. :blink:

Does anyone know if there is any easy fix to get rid of this? I'm growing tired of the 'truck driving' comments from some of my car buddies... <_<

matt

Ear plugs :P

matt

Did your dealer install any kind of reverse parking sensors?

Matt =)

I'm gauging from these comments that this is not an OEM feature???

The car is not fitted with any parking aids that i am aware of... and i CERTAINLY don't require such a thing *humph* :D

Perhaps i mention it on the next service then. Oh well!

If it's a manual IS200, then the reverse beep is standard.

I Agree,

Leave it in, get over the noise . . . this beeper will save your ass. As the man said, 1st and reverse are very close.

As for your friends .. make them walk, if they don't like your lovely car for what it is den kick them to the kerb

Over And Out

I was thinking about that today actually when i was turning around in a carpark and switching from reverse to 1st... probably a good idea, as i am now finding i can jump through the reverse gate quite quickly.

So - leaving it there = Good advice - i'll take it!

And as for my mates, well they are just 'green' with envy anyway!!! :D

matt

Well I think every1 here agree's then.

Hmmmmm, maybe Lexus/Toyota did do something right after all ay!

I have to admit, that beep is a lifesaver, I'm sure it would have saved me a bit of touch up paint by now, LOL. Damn good idea I reckon, and when others do drive it; they realise it aint your usual car and that they need to be lil more sympathetic to its charm and guts!

It is far to easy to mistake 1st and reverse, help most people who tried to get my car into reverse struggled so much I had to do it for them!!

Damn I love my car.

Stephen.

:blink: Just proved tonite how valuable having the beeping is!!!

Truly saved my altezza's ass...literally!!! :D

Lets just say that I dont know who was happier, me or the chick driving the Audi behind me, who luckily was saved from a slight modification to the front of her car!!! :)

Gee Wizz Diane, are you saying that you almost had an accident. Now that wouldn't be a mark against the driving capabilities of the female gender now would it! LOL.

Well atleast you have proven a point, and saved yourself a couple of hundred dollars in the process.

Cheers

Stephen.