Its even worse for us pre 2010 without the usb, the aux is okay, if you never want to know whats playing or skip a song, not good enough for me so i decided to go a whole other route to get the most out of my ML but i am super happy in the end!

IMG_0102-.jpg

IMG_0103-.jpg

Only limitation of this is what the HU is capable of, so i now have, USB, BT DAB, AA ACP, Wireless mirroring, spotify ect ect and all comes through the ML and let me tell you it sounds amazing compared to any device in AUX or CD through the stock stacker i had!

It is the Beat-sonic, modified to suit a manual as they are an auto only kit (because of the plastic filler panels only, rest is the same in both auto and manual)

Only for 06-09 models currently, they are working on the unit for 2010-2012

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/stereo/stereo-installation-kits/toyota-lexus/is-250-350.html

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
On 4/28/2017 at 11:21 AM, bazzle said:

Found a couple of old ipods at home. Used one, works great. Thanks for the heads up :yes:

I'm starting to find the old iPod too hard to transfer songs to - iTunes logic defies me these days - I select songs and use 'Copy to device #name' but the transfer never happens.

I'd love to be totally wireless. I wonder what stops music being played over BlueTooth when voice calls are fine. Is there a magic App that fools the car's BT into thinking it's a voice call when playing music?? Searching the App Store, I can't see anything.

Newer iOS devices won't talk to my 2011 IS via USB either. Again, an App that converts to an older USB comms protocol could fix it. Anyone know what the soft/firmware protocol / versions need to be?

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/20/2017 at 9:39 AM, st87 said:

Dude. This thing. Get it.

http://www.tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5526_HA100.html

This is the one I'm currently using. It's paired to my Xperia Z3+. Absolutely awesome.
The issue I have with other ones (I haven't tried every single one) is the fact that you either need to connect to it via the phone each time, or press the "connect button" on the device itself.

With this one, like my previous older Blackberry Bluetooth Stereo Gateway, it automatically connects when powered.

Not sure if iPhones perform as well, but with my Xperia, once you turn on bluetooth (when the device was already powered), it will find the device and automatically connect to it.

It's also got the NFC tag. Now sure how well it performs, but could be a brilliant idea to stick it somewhere if someone in your family wants to play music from their phone too.

I have an xperia phone too. Can you connect the phone simultaneously to TP-Link for Audio and the to the car for phone calls? Will a phone call interrupt audio?

22 hours ago, Ruben Skoljarev said:

I have an xperia phone too. Can you connect the phone simultaneously to TP-Link for Audio and the to the car for phone calls? Will a phone call interrupt audio?

Yes. That is precisely my situation and it works well. I think it's working as it should be thanks to the Bluetooth profiles on these things if you look at the icons assigned to these things under Bluetooth settings (sees car as an earpiece and the dongle as an audio device)

• Like 1