How's Your Gs450h Going?

astec

Hi All,

It's been a bout 3 weeks since I got my GS450H and I am incredibly satsified with the performance of this car.

I had a GS300 (02) before and thought that was well refined but the GS450H takes it to another level.

The quality of and quietness of the ride, the solid build quality, the smooth accelaration and the instantaneous power is absolutely incredible. Mileage wise, on the last tank, I managed to drive 750km (combination of city and highway - M5 morning and evening traffic) with 62l of 98octane. That's incredible...

How are you guys finding your investment?

• 1 month later...

Can't say I have the pleasure of owning one but I have been in one, my brother works for Lexus. Absolutly beautiful car, stunning ride & solid feeling, an absolute must have. Enjoy.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

HI,

Lexus is one of my favorite cars and i am owning it.Mine is Lexus LX570 model.I think all models having similar functions but the design is different.I liked it a lot.

-------------------------

bhuvana

Edited by LEX51S

• 1 year later...

A lot of action in here guys ;) lol

I'm considering buying a GS450h in the new year, is there anything I should be concerned about with this particular model? Anything that you guys have discovered?

The only thing that keeps playing on my mind is the cost of replacement batteries if and when they require it, seeing as I will most likely be purchasing an '07 model. Has anyone experienced this yet or is aware of the situation?

TIA :D

A lot of action in here guys ;) lol

I'm considering buying a GS450h in the new year, is there anything I should be concerned about with this particular model? Anything that you guys have discovered?

The only thing that keeps playing on my mind is the cost of replacement batteries if and when they require it, seeing as I will most likely be purchasing an '07 model. Has anyone experienced this yet or is aware of the situation?

TIA :D

If the cost of replacing the batteries is a concern, then perhaps you should go with the GS430 or GS300. You do realise the batteries are now warranty for 8 years or 160,000km, whichever comes first.

Thanks for your reply Lexo.

The concern of replacement batteries is a real one and not an 'if'', as I plan to keep the car for quite a while and don't see myself upgrading any time soon-ish. And, No, I didn't realise the warranty is 8years/160 on the batteries. However, does that also apply to '06 and '07 models, or is that something relatively new? Appologies for all the questions, but I'm quite new to the whole Lexus world ;)

Thanks for your reply Lexo.

The concern of replacement batteries is a real one and not an 'if'', as I plan to keep the car for quite a while and don't see myself upgrading any time soon-ish. And, No, I didn't realise the warranty is 8years/160 on the batteries. However, does that also apply to '06 and '07 models, or is that something relatively new? Appologies for all the questions, but I'm quite new to the whole Lexus world ;)

Yes, the warranty applies to all models so check with your Lexus Dealer.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

It's been about 5 years since I posted my original comment... ;)

My GSH450h is still going strong after more than 120,000km.

My batteries are fine - never had any problems with it or anything else on the vehicle - gotta love Lexus quality.

My fuel economy is practically the same as it was when it was new in 2007 - I still get 700km tank average.

It was only very recently that I managed to have the time to make some mods to my car, specifically around the Navigation Lock override and DVD lockout as well as introduce an after market ipod and Hard Disk integration

I also installed my own bypass switch for the Nav lock and DVD lock override purpose - if you are interested and you would like me to help you do this change to the car, do let me know.

Regs,

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

It's been about 5 years since I posted my original comment... ;)

My GSH450h is still going strong after more than 120,000km.

My batteries are fine - never had any problems with it or anything else on the vehicle - gotta love Lexus quality.

My fuel economy is practically the same as it was when it was new in 2007 - I still get 700km tank average.

It was only very recently that I managed to have the time to make some mods to my car, specifically around the Navigation Lock override and DVD lockout as well as introduce an after market ipod and Hard Disk integration

I also installed my own bypass switch for the Nav lock and DVD lock override purpose - if you are interested and you would like me to help you do this change to the car, do let me know.

Regs,

Hi Astec,

700km per tank? Thats pretty good.

What fuel are you using and what kind of driving ie City, Highway?

Also I would be pretty interested in getting the override done for my car? whats your location?

• 1 month later...

Chubz,

I've always used 98 for 99.99% of the time (odd occasion on long country drives, I had to use 95)

Long term average sits around 8.9litre/100km. My best has been 8.3km on a tank on a long country drive (out west and back).

Mix of driving is prob 50:50

Astec