Hi All,

I searched for some older topics on this but couldn't find much useful.

Does anyone know of a good Tinting place in Brisbane that does darker than the usual tints.

Cheers!

DiZi

Hey DiZi

solartint will do anything.

High quality, low quality, legal, non legal(no reciept)

im sure they are aus wide. they are everywhere in sydney.

• 1 month later...

Just so you all know...i had my car tinted recently by SolarTint Brisbane and had an absolutely disastrous experience. So i though i should share this so other ppl dont do the same mistake as i did....

When i rang the company i advised the guy multiple times that i am very pedantic about work being done on the car. I warned him many times that i would like the job done properly and didn't want any damage done to the car. I told the guy what i car have and if he was up for the job. He happily said 'YES' as he has done a few Lexus's before. I checked their website and investigated a bit and found them to be professional so i decided to go ahead, had i only known what i was getting my self into.

1. Tint Job was absolutely poor, it was done at night under a car port. 21 days later bubbles still visible on most windows, a dirt particle stuck between the tint and the window on one door, basically there is something wrong on every window.

(Don't know why he did it at night)

2. In the process he managed to break the L/H rear door trim clips and chip in multiple places the R/H front door plastic frame that surrounds the window.

When i mentioned this to the guy and pointed out where the tint wasn't done properly and asked if he would come back the next day during the day so that we can properly inspect the job he said "NO".

Anyway to cut the story short, i told the guy that i would only give him a $100 deposit and the rest once it has been fixed up...he then went absolutely ballistic and took off...

Emailed Head Office in Sydney but haven't had a reply yet. (Very Very Disappointed)

Will be taking the guy and SolarTint to the Small Claims Tribunal so he can pay for the damage he done.

Hopefully it will finish on a positive...

What a Bummer!

Unlucky man. Its a shame that one guy in their company has ruined your day and your car when ive heard many good things about them. Sorry to hear.

My 5 cents worth....Get a recommendation from your dealership. Go through them possibly - I know it wont be the cheapest, but if they come recommended by your dealership and something goes wrong (as what has happened with PLZ17 unfortunately) your dealership might be able to throw their weight around a bit.

As an aside - I had a terrible experience with a body repairer in Melbourne recently (yes, a Lexus preferred outlet), but these problems were compounded by an inaccurate assessment by the insurer (was a very minor accident). Rather than losing my cool (which I sometimes do when unprofessionalism is evident!!), I acted professionally, calmly and wrote to the insurance company as well as Lexus, provided tangible evidence (emails, photos) and then followed up with a series of civilised phone calls. Needless to say this approach paid off and in the end I got an agreeable outcome and (finally) some first-class rectification work done by a different Lexus-preferred repairer.

So keep on Solartint and stay calm and professional and hopefully you'll get a desired outcome.

Just so you all know...i had my car tinted recently by SolarTint Brisbane and had an absolutely disastrous experience. So i though i should share this so other ppl dont do the same mistake as i did....

When i rang the company i advised the guy multiple times that i am very pedantic about work being done on the car. I warned him many times that i would like the job done properly and didn't want any damage done to the car. I told the guy what i car have and if he was up for the job. He happily said 'YES' as he has done a few Lexus's before. I checked their website and investigated a bit and found them to be professional so i decided to go ahead, had i only known what i was getting my self into.

1. Tint Job was absolutely poor, it was done at night under a car port. 21 days later bubbles still visible on most windows, a dirt particle stuck between the tint and the window on one door, basically there is something wrong on every window.

(Don't know why he did it at night)

2. In the process he managed to break the L/H rear door trim clips and chip in multiple places the R/H front door plastic frame that surrounds the window.

When i mentioned this to the guy and pointed out where the tint wasn't done properly and asked if he would come back the next day during the day so that we can properly inspect the job he said "NO".

Anyway to cut the story short, i told the guy that i would only give him a $100 deposit and the rest once it has been fixed up...he then went absolutely ballistic and took off...

Emailed Head Office in Sydney but haven't had a reply yet. (Very Very Disappointed)

Will be taking the guy and SolarTint to the Small Claims Tribunal so he can pay for the damage he done.

Hopefully it will finish on a positive...

What a Bummer!

wat a prick

My 5 cents worth....Get a recommendation from your dealership. Go through them possibly - I know it wont be the cheapest, but if they come recommended by your dealership and something goes wrong (as what has happened with PLZ17 unfortunately) your dealership might be able to throw their weight around a bit.

As an aside - I had a terrible experience with a body repairer in Melbourne recently (yes, a Lexus preferred outlet), but these problems were compounded by an inaccurate assessment by the insurer (was a very minor accident). Rather than losing my cool (which I sometimes do when unprofessionalism is evident!!), I acted professionally, calmly and wrote to the insurance company as well as Lexus, provided tangible evidence (emails, photos) and then followed up with a series of civilised phone calls. Needless to say this approach paid off and in the end I got an agreeable outcome and (finally) some first-class rectification work done by a different Lexus-preferred repairer.

So keep on Solartint and stay calm and professional and hopefully you'll get a desired outcome.

good advice :) thank you... i am usually the one loosing my cool but with them i did exactly what you were saying, i have been noting down all the phone calls i made including who i spoke to and their name. I sent them a very detailed email explaining to them exactly what happened. In the email i even complimented on their service all up until the work was done and i even said that i still wish to pay the guy for his work but i just wanted the damage fixed and the tint striped off, I wanted them to know that i am a reasonable guy...and not someone looking to score a free tint job.

Personally i believe ppl in general don't complain enough, they either can't be bothered going through the process or they get put off by some BS business's usually come up whit. But they should if they are not happy, cause lets face it we all work hard for our money and nobody tells us you can have an extra couple of hundred bucks for doing a *HIT job.

"Personally i believe ppl in general don't complain enough, they either can't be bothered going through the process or they get put off by some BS business's usually come up whit. But they should if they are not happy, cause lets face it we all work hard for our money and nobody tells us you can have an extra couple of hundred bucks for doing a *HIT job."

I got an admission from an insider within this insurance company that they (and most insurance providers) are now doing jobs on the cheap now because for the majority of the repair jobs most customers either don't notice the faults in the work, are too busy, just want their car back quickly, couldn't be bothered to complain. Therefore they get away with it, and can offer lower premiums as a result = more customers on the books. The far majority of minor 'dings' are typically (their words!) caused by women in car parks who don't have the keen eye for panels and paint, and don't drive a Lexus, which have some of the tightest/precise panel gaps of any make.

As a result they make money from their stingyness - and for the odd customer that still complains and the job has to be done again, they are still ahead financially. So for the 100 jobs where they have saved $1,000 by doing a below-average job, there might only be a few jobs where the customer has said 'not good enough' so they have to spend $5,000 more to get it to the customers satisfaction - they're still ahead aren't they?!

Perhaps the same "philosophy" adopted by Solartint? Best of luck and keep at them. Don't threaten them with any tribunal/litigation just yet. That can have the opposite effect.

• 4 months later...

Hi All,

Just an update on my progress. After months of chasing these guys to rectify my problem they have finally payed me out :). Going to Lexus now to have the damage repaired and have the car re-tinted by Lexus...

Just goes to show that u have to keep at it if u want results...thanks all for ur support..