Audio System Cuts Out

melodien

This has happened twice now: driving along, music playing, map displayed. Suddenly there is a "snap" sound from the dashboard, music stops, screen goes blank for a few seconds, then the Lexus logo is displayed and the system appears to restart. When it happened this morning, I had to hit "Destination" to get the GPS to resume. Has anyone else seen this?

regards

Melodie

that is really wierd. if i were you i would contact your lexus dealer as your car is brand new and shoudnt do this no matter how old.

Im Sure they will be super promt in getting it fixed for you and you wont have to do a thing.

• 5 months later...

Hi Melodien

My CT200h does the exact same thing. It's going back in tomorrow and they are going to try and fix it. Apparently this has been happening with the IS250s and they are unable to fix it.

I am seriously unimpressed (as I imagine you are).

Can you let me know if your dealer has found a solution?

So far they have replaced and reset by software to no avail.

Cheers

Elisha

I'm afraid I didn't take the car to the dealer, because the problem seems to have gone away. It happened twice, and it's been fine ever since. I drive every working day, and I use the GPS regularly, usually with an iPod plugged into the USB port. I work in IT, and I know how hard it is to troubleshoot a problem that you can't replicate, so I didn't feel that I could take it to the dealer and say "this happened, but it's not happening now". If it comes back, I will follow up.

regards

Melodie

Hi Melodien

My CT200h does the exact same thing. It's going back in tomorrow and they are going to try and fix it. Apparently this has been happening with the IS250s and they are unable to fix it.

Cheers

Elisha

I'm afraid I didn't take the car to the dealer, because the problem seems to have gone away. It happened twice, and it's been fine ever since. I drive every working day, and I use the GPS regularly, usually with an iPod plugged into the USB port. I work in IT, and I know how hard it is to troubleshoot a problem that you can't replicate, so I didn't feel that I could take it to the dealer and say "this happened, but it's not happening now". If it comes back, I will follow up.

regards

Melodie

Hi Melodien

Cheers

Elisha

Hey Melodie

Thanks for your response. I was very keen to hear what had happened with your car.

I agree, it's totally random and has been the same on my car. Very annoying.

My car is being collected at 11am and I will let you know what happens over the next week. Perhaps this might assist you eventually?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers

Elisha

I had this happen with my IS350 F Sport over the weekend too.

Music playing, map displayed - then all of a sudden there was silence and a black screen. The Lexus logo appeared, followed by the map and then the music resumed at the same point it cut out. Was all over and done with relatively quickly.

Has only happened the once but will definately monitor it and report back if it happens again. If it becomes persistent - I'll let the dealer know.

I had this happen with my IS350 F Sport over the weekend too.

Music playing, map displayed - then all of a sudden there was silence and a black screen. The Lexus logo appeared, followed by the map and then the music resumed at the same point it cut out. Was all over and done with relatively quickly.

Has only happened the once but will definately monitor it and report back if it happens again. If it becomes persistent - I'll let the dealer know.

This is exactly what happens with mine, my bluetooth also reconnects. The dealer is fixing it hopefully but hearing of these other cases leads me to believe that it might not be a simple fix. People have suggests its a loose pin/fuse etc, I suppose this could happen in other cars too.

Good luck

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'm afraid I didn't take the car to the dealer, because the problem seems to have gone away. It happened twice, and it's been fine ever since. I drive every working day, and I use the GPS regularly, usually with an iPod plugged into the USB port. I work in IT, and I know how hard it is to troubleshoot a problem that you can't replicate, so I didn't feel that I could take it to the dealer and say "this happened, but it's not happening now". If it comes back, I will follow up. regards Melodie
Hi Melodien My CT200h does the exact same thing. It's going back in tomorrow and they are going to try and fix it. Apparently this has been happening with the IS250s and they are unable to fix it. I am seriously unimpressed (as I imagine you are). Can you let me know if your dealer has found a solution? So far they have replaced and reset by software to no avail. Cheers Elisha
Hey Melodie Thanks for your response. I was very keen to hear what had happened with your car. I agree, it's totally random and has been the same on my car. Very annoying. My car is being collected at 11am and I will let you know what happens over the next week. Perhaps this might assist you eventually? Thanks again for your help. Cheers Elisha

Thanks also Melodie for your response and Elisha. I was also keen to hear if Melodie had more trouble. I was on a freeway when heard a pop sound from the console somewhere. The radio went off and the GPS closed down. Gave me quite a start as I'm still getting used to all the buttons and icons. it must have rebooted as the radio came back on and up popped the GPS. Quite disconcerting when driving at 100km/hour. I visited the dealerership who did some checking, couldn't find anything wrong and said to contact them if any further trouble. It's been 5 months now and it has happened again. I also agree, it's totally random. Keen to hear more on this mystery ..... queenfish

Thanks also Melodie for your response and Elisha. I was also keen to hear if Melodie had more trouble. I was on a freeway when heard a pop sound from the console somewhere. The radio went off and the GPS closed down. Gave me quite a start as I'm still getting used to all the buttons and icons. it must have rebooted as the radio came back on and up popped the GPS. Quite disconcerting when driving at 100km/hour. I visited the dealerership who did some checking, couldn't find anything wrong and said to contact them if any further trouble. It's been 5 months now and it has happened again. I also agree, it's totally random. Keen to hear more on this mystery ..... queenfish

Your LEXUS dealer should be aware of this known issue and all that it requires is for them to replace the actual SATNAV DVD. When I took my car to my dealer I wasn't too hopeful that they could identify the problem but as as soon as as I described what happened they knew straight away what the fix was.

If you don't have any luck with your dealer simply cally Lexus Australia customer service and complain.

• 2 weeks later...

That's correct StephenM, it is an issue with some Sat Nav DVD discs.

It's not a problem with the car but the actual disc itself. Replacing the disc is the apparent fix.

May I ask if there is a cost involved with the replacing of the SATNAV DVD?

• 2 months later...

I had the same problem with my CT200h yesterday also.

I contacted the dealership and they had not heard of the problem.

Has anyone have any documentation to the fix they could email me to assist the dealer and have the disc replaced.

lrpitt@internode.on.net

Has anyone have any documentation to the fix they could email me to assist the dealer and have the disc replaced.

lrpitt@internode.on.net

Hey, I didn't get anything on email but I suggest you ask your guys to call Jason at Perth Lexus. He is in the service department and dealt with my issue.

It was extremely disconcerting when it was happening (all the time) to me. Being my first fancy car and big purchase I was extremely worried. They did fix it in the end.

Does anyone know what PSI my CT200h factory fitted tyres should be inflated to?

lrpitt@internode.on.net

YOu could always refer the service manager at your dealer to this thread.

An updateon a problem that a few of us have had or are having with the 'Audio system cutting out and GPS popping open'

I took my CT200h Sports to Lexus of Brighton who did find the SATNAV DVD to be the problem. They are very happily replacing the disc for me this week.

They don't have any answers though for how to stop the colons blinking on the digital clock :(

• 4 weeks later...

I refered this thread to Lexus of Hobart and requested they make a note on my file in case it happens again.

Last week I received a call requesting I take the car in to record the disc numbers as they were ordering a new disc.

I took the car in today and within 5 minutes the disc was replaced. Thanks to Brendan and Jason for thier assistance

in this and other problems I had with the bluetooth that were not car related, but phone related.