Coilovers + After Market Rims

mikenbn

Hi Guys,

Anyone running coilovers and / or aftermarket rims in OZ ?

Would love to get some feedback on various set-ups ie size / width / offset and opinions on coilovers vs stock etc ...

I'm leaning towards set of KW's

Pics would also be nice :)

Cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

At least 2 of us in here are running KWs, myself and Luke. We have been playing with and comparing setups. They are a big improvement over the standard suspension plus fully adjustable so you can set them up depending on how you want to use the car. We are currently playing with a track set up.

Luke is running standard rims. I have a set of the US F sport Forged rims needed to clear the F sport brakes. I also have the standard rims on a set of spacers, originally 20 mm but shaved down. You can run, just, 20mm spacers on the standard rims on the standard suspension.

There was a set of F sport forged rims for sale on one of the forums, I can probably dig out the details. I know there also be a set of KWs avaialble due to change of distributor and ordering error.

Also looking at doing some custom top mount arms to adjust camber.

Where are you located?

PM me for more info.

Thanks for the feedback mate - much appreciated.

Have placed a order for the KW's (ETA 4 weeks)

I'm in Sydney so spacers are out as they are illegal in NSW - I'm keeping the OEM wheels for track use fitted with some sem-slicks ..

I wanted a set of wheels purely for street and looks so ended up squeezing a set of 20" on today ....to be exact 20 x 8.5 ET35 (front) & 20 x 10 ET38 (Rear) - Got the guards rolled by Sydney Guard Rolling who did an amazing job without any issues...

I'll try and get some pics soon but I went for a set of these in Matte Black concave rear - will PM you for some setting details on the KW's

Thanks again - Mike

chevrolet-corvette-zr1-wide-body-kit-conversion-8.jpg

HI,

I did the opposite, the forged rims for the track as they are lighter, OEM with spacers for the road. Wasnt keen on rolling the guards but would be interested to see the result.

Who is fitting the KW's if you dont mind asking?

Have you sourced semislicks for the OEM size? Limited options but running standard offset you can fit a wider tyre. I ended up with standard size p zero corsa. Without camber adjustment we have found need to run very high pressures.

Which track days do you do? There are a few ISFs at the Burrows Drive days at EC, next one next Wednesday.

Chatswood Lexus also organising a few drive and track days.

HI,

I did the opposite, the forged rims for the track as they are lighter, OEM with spacers for the road. Wasnt keen on rolling the guards but would be interested to see the result.

Who is fitting the KW's if you dont mind asking?

Have you sourced semislicks for the OEM size? Limited options but running standard offset you can fit a wider tyre. I ended up with standard size p zero corsa. Without camber adjustment we have found need to run very high pressures.

Which track days do you do? There are a few ISFs at the Burrows Drive days at EC, next one next Wednesday.

Chatswood Lexus also organising a few drive and track days.

I was very hisitant also in regards to rolling the guards but after some local forum research Nelson from Sydney Guard Rolling came highly recommended. Have to say he did an amazing job, took his time spent about 45 mins on each corner with 2 different angled rollers and most importantly a heat gun.

I'll be using Pedders (Granville) since I've known them over 15 years and this being my 5th car to have the upgrade. Here's a link for my last car, fitted Bilsteins PSS10 + H&R rolls

Coilover + Sway Install

I import my tyres from Tirerack.com in the US they sell ExtremeContact DWS which are great on the track imo and cost around 1100 (OEM sizes) shipped to your door for a whole set. I've also used Toyo R888 in the past with other cars, another great tyre for track use. I'm running Pirelli Pzero's on the street rims Max I could go on the rear was 255/30/20 because of the aggressive offsets. Front 245/30/20.

I'm yet to take the ISF on the track as its only a few month old - Yes Sid from Chatswood has invited me a few times but am too busy this time of the year to take a weekday off.... hopefully soon. I've heard all about Luke's ISF though.... Hopefully join you one of these days..

I'll try and get some pics up tomorrow with the new rims

Cheers

Mike