Hello,

Recently just purchased a near new IS350, which has just over 3.5 years of warranty left. I am thinking of doing a few mods to the engine.

Does anyone know if my warranty will still be ok? Or better not touch till after the warranty?

I bought an is250 with about 3 yrs warranty on it and got Lexus to install my mods to ensure warranty was still covered. The only caveat I guess was that I got fsport parts. Not sure if the same applies if you install third party parts.

Best to check with Lexus themselves so a least you know what you're getting into.

Hello,

Recently just purchased a near new IS350, which has just over 3.5 years of warranty left. I am thinking of doing a few mods to the engine.

Does anyone know if my warranty will still be ok? Or better not touch till after the warranty?

can't say if this applies to all dealers but i had strut bars, intake, extracters, exhaust, spacers, and various other bits and pieces and they were fine with it.

i even did the nav hack when i first bought the car and the screen stopped responding 4 yrs later and they still fixed no questions asked. they could have easily denied the claim but they didn't.

again, it's not gospel but thats my experience with lexus.

Hello,

7 days after i got my is350 f sport, i changed the f sport air intake + f sport muffler right away! sounds killing.

warranty ? ehmmm depends on dealer, if they cocky, they can say void warranty. but for me, I dont care.

i got my mods from lexus north of miami. it is still lexus parts. i assume they are legal and legit product of lexus.

cheers

Hello,

7 days after i got my is350 f sport, i changed the f sport air intake + f sport muffler right away! sounds killing.

warranty ? ehmmm depends on dealer, if they cocky, they can say void warranty. but for me, I dont care.

i got my mods from lexus north of miami. it is still lexus parts. i assume they are legal and legit product of lexus.

cheers

shouldn't be a problem as lexus dealers supply those parts too.

Back in February 2011, lexus in australia do not sell f sport intake and muffler. unless they change now, it will be different story.

I rang lexus waterloo, they dont sell those parts, they dont want to install for me, they dont care IF its from lexus USA or anywhere, what they care is: those parts are not in australia, and they say it can void car's warranty..... it does make sense when they says those things.

at the end of the day, it is your car, do the mods what you want ( as long as you are aware the risk ). those is still lexus parts, thats why i insist to install it.

Law made to be broken :D

I would say, USA will be cheaper due to our currency now.

cheers

Hi All,

I just picked up our brand new IS250 F Sport from Lexus Darwin the other day and am now trying to sort out the F Sport intake and exhaust, Lexus of Miami seem to be most people's choice to get these parts. The Dealer in Darwin is holding off on what will happen with the warranty. It is a crock of s#$t :angry: if you ask me that you can get these parts off the shelve in US without any warranty issues yet, 1 Lexus Australia will not supply them, 2 Lexus Australia have issues with the warranty, 3 Lexus Darwin are not sure if they want to fit them for me :angry: .

I realise it is not a really big or hard job, but without a hoist or jack the exhaust may pose a challenge.

Has anyone that has fitted both of these modifications, been happy with the result?

i assume they are legal and legit product of lexus.

Lexus USA & Lexus Australia are two completely seperate legal entities.

The F-sport intake & exhaust are NOT Lexus Australia parts.

Last year Lexus of Chatswood had a batch of F-Sport intake for sale. I'm not sure if they can still get them now.

However I got mine from the US for cheaper.