Is 250 Sports Luxury Grille (Badge Replacement)

hey guys,

im pretty new to the forums, i have a 06 is250 sports luxury and i got into a little accident and cracked my front badge!! now because its a sports luxury, i heard that the replacement of the badge isnt as easy as it looks? i was told that i need a special see through badge because of the cruise control sensor?

can anyone help with what i could do to change this badge and if there is any aftermarket badges available to buy?

appreciated guys.

Hi dinesh, and welcome.

Yes, the badge on the Sports Luxury houses the Active Cruise Control and Pre Collision System sensor/s.

I'm not sure what aftermarket options are available, but you could try ordering it from overseas. Sewell Parts is one such online shopping site, although this one seems to be much cheaper:

http://www.villagelexusparts.com/products/LEXUS/IS250/EMBLEM--RADIATOR-GRILLE-OR-FRONT-PANEL/2114764/5314153010.html

hey guys,

thanks for that, i was under the impression that it was behind the grill because although my badge is cracked, my cruise control works fine.. im not too sure where it exactly is!!

so i guess i have to just look for a second hand grill or an aftermarket badge? maybe i will just get an after market badge and see if it works? anyone able to help me out with getting a badge that looks similar?

p.s. thanks for all the help guys too.. i figured out my car doesnt have the crash prevention option on it, so therefore lexus has quoted me $90.00 for the badge.

You mean PCS Danny?

Yeah, I'd be worried by that quotation, too.

http://is.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/7501751548-Body-IS250-2006.html

This US parts site shows that there's only two badge variants available for the 2006 model: a basic one, and one for PRECRASH SYSTEM-WITH(MILLI-WAVE RADAR TYPE).

In case one suspects that the Sports Luxury shipped to Australia might have been somewhat different - this quote from an NRMA review of the 2006 Sports Luxury states otherwise:

Radar cruise control, pre safe crash preparation and swivelling, bi xenon headlights are also fitted to the Sports Luxury variant.

So check using the VIN.

heyyy danny!!

yea i think you guys are right... im gonna have to source a second hand one or something, my badge is cracked! i might get it from lift_yo as he can get it for half the price.. i have checked some wreckers and they dont have any avail :(

im keen to meet you guys at the next meet, 20th?

PCS is part of VDIM feature

if it's got VDIM it has PCS

Come on ilv1004s........your better than that. You know your stuff. That's a rookie mistake.

You parents IS350 has VDIM but no PCS.

All new IS250's have VDIM but only Sports Lux has ACC & PCS.

I'm suprised I beat Lexus Nerd to this.......his corrections are pretty quick. And correct.

PCS is part of VDIM feature

if it's got VDIM it has PCS

Come on ilv1004s........your better than that. You know your stuff. That's a rookie mistake.

You parents IS350 has VDIM but no PCS.

All new IS250's have VDIM but only Sports Lux has ACC & PCS.

I'm suprised I beat Lexus Nerd to this.......his corrections are pretty quick. And correct.

i was refering to the preupdated is250 which is 2006-2008 before VDIM became standard (which the thread is about)

AFAIK all those year models if it had VDIM it had PCS (sports luxury only)

lol why would we talk about other year models when the topic is about a 2006 sports luxury DUHHHHH!!!!

heyyy danny!!

yea i think you guys are right... im gonna have to source a second hand one or something, my badge is cracked! i might get it from lift_yo as he can get it for half the price.. i have checked some wreckers and they dont have any avail :(

im keen to meet you guys at the next meet, 20th?

dinesh more the better man

castelhil RSL

20th of AUG

i was refering to the preupdated is250 which is 2006-2008 before VDIM became standard (which the thread is about)

AFAIK all those year models if it had VDIM it had PCS (sports luxury only)

lol why would we talk about other year models when the topic is about a 2006 sports luxury DUHHHHH!!!!

YOU GOT ME. :D

PCS isn't part of VDIM though.

Now you got me asking when did IS250 get VDIM?? I don't think a 2006 had VDIM.

Yes, I asked myself that question too.

None of the 2005 Lexus Australia press releases mention VDIM as a feature in any of the models. Not that that definitively means VDIM wasn't available, but you'd think they'd mention VDIM if it was indeed available on one of the models. In the US, VDIM initially appeared only on the IS 350.

But that's all academic. I hope dinesh can get a badge for cheap.

Edited by Lexus Nerd

hm.. 2006 sports luxury had vdim

thats the main reason y i didnt do the 3.5L conversion on my sports

as the sports luxury was the only model that came with VDIM

im pretty sure about this as i did a whole lot of research back when i was looking into the conversion

then it became a standard feature in the 2009 models

hm.. 2006 sports luxury had vdim

thats the main reason y i didnt do the 3.5L conversion on my sports

as the sports luxury was the only model that came with VDIM

im pretty sure about this as i did a whole lot of research back when i was looking into the conversion

then it became a standard feature in the 2009 models

i love watching you guys intellectually duke it out!!!! lol........................

thanks for all the help guys, i shall hopefully see you guys on the 20th!!

i was wrong, i have to get the sensor badge..

also guys, anyone know how much i can get a set of ISF rims? i want to put rims on my car... also wanted to get some cold air induction. any tips?

cheers fellas

Approx $6,500 inc shipping is still HEAPS cheaper than buying then new in Aust.

How much will the government hit you for on those wheels when you bring them in?

new in AUS is about 7k a rim!!!

Im not sure how much customs etc etc will cost im sure it will be ridiculous too

Approx $6,500 inc shipping is still HEAPS cheaper than buying then new in Aust.

How much will the government hit you for on those wheels when you bring them in?

new in AUS is about 7k a rim!!!

Im not sure how much customs etc etc will cost im sure it will be ridiculous too

Whoa! I thought ilv said $4k each a while ago ... $7k?!

Are we just talking the GST on imported tyres/rims? Or are car parts subject to the same tariffs as imported cars?

Edited by Lexus Nerd