Jump Started Another Car With My Is200 And Since Then My Car Has Probl

jump started another car with my 2001 is200 and since then my car has problems starting.

the battery is fine but when turing the key nothing lights up.

That's no good,

I would be checking all the main engine bay fuses first up. I say main becuase if you have nothing at the dash board, then you may have blown a main fuse which supplies your car with battery power.

They are larger than usual and usually have a see-through glass/plastic for easy checking. Usually consealed in a plastic housing near the battery. Your handbook will tell you where they are located.

Hope this helps

Simon

That's no good,

I would be checking all the main engine bay fuses first up. I say main becuase if you have nothing at the dash board, then you may have blown a main fuse which supplies your car with battery power.

They are larger than usual and usually have a see-through glass/plastic for easy checking. Usually consealed in a plastic housing near the battery. Your handbook will tell you where they are located.

Hope this helps

Simon

Thanks Simon,

the car will start as long as I don't have the alarm on and not use the keyless entry.

what do you think is the problem?

Strange side effects from jump starting a car, I would run through all the fuses in the car. Does it have a non factory alarm installed? It could be that which is causing your trouble?

Hmm I would also check the fuses on the drivers side fuse panel, particularly the 'dome' fuse. Did you ground the negative when you jump started or put the lead on the negative terminal on the battery?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You've most probably damaged the ECU. Are any fault codes coming up? I'd be looking for a looking for cheap 2nd hand ECU if I was you, but maybe get it checked out by Lexus first.